Finally Nextbit has started rolling the next major update of Android 7.0 Nougat for Nextbit Robin starting today. The update has been sent via OTA (Over the air) to all Nextbit Robin users. Soon you will receive the notification update on your phone. Now Update to Android Nougat on Nextbit Robin with buid 88. The update comes with the latest build number 88 and January Security Patch with the latest Android 7.0 Nougat update. If you have Nextbit Robin smartphone running Android Marshmallow Stock ROM without root, then you can wait for the official OTA with build number 88 on your phone anytime soon. Earlier, the company has announced Android 7.0 Nougat test back in November month for few users who has signed up for closed beta testing.
Today i will guide on How to Update to Android Nougat on Nextbit Robin Manually using our guide below. In this guide you will be updated to latest released OTA of Android Nougat on Nextbit Robin Manually. So follow and read carefully.
Table of Contents
How to Update to Android Nougat on Nextbit Robin Manually
As we know this new update is one of the sweetest update from Google up till now with it’s latest features like Multi tasking, Split screen, Vulcan API, Notification redesign, Quick Reply etc. The latest update for Nextbit Robin will receive the latest build 88 based on Android 7.0 Nougat. The new Stock Android Nougat comes with all Nougat features including the feature from Nextbit such as Cloud Storage and other cloud-based features. Now you can enjoy Android 7.0 Nougat on Nextbit Robin.
If you didn’t get any update notification on your Nextbit running Android Marshmallow, then you can check the update manually to upgrade Android Nougat on Nextbit Robin. To check the update manually do the below steps :
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to upgrade Android Nougat on Nextbit Robin. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Nextbit Robin to Android 7.0 Nougat manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to Update Nextbit Robin to Nougat.
Also Check Related Post
- How to Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery On Nextbit Robin
- How to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Nextbit Robin
- How to Downgrade Nextbit Robin from Android Nougat to Marshmallow
- How to Install Android 7.1 Nougat Official CM14.1 For Nextbit Robin
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Nextbit Robin
About Nextbin Robin
Nextbit Robin is the first smartphone which comes with deeply integrated cloud storage. The smartphone runs out of box with Nextbit OS based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Once you sign in to the smartphone, you will be accessed with option which will allow the device to take complete backup to the cloud storage. You can allow the phone to back up your data while the phone is charging and connected to Wi-Fi. You can always check the smart storage option which allows you to see how much storage left on Cloud with a graphical presentation. Other specifications such as 5.2-inch display with a resolution of 1080P and comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 chipset processor. It has 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. The phone is backed by 2680mAH battery. Nextbit Robin sports 13MP rear camera and 5MP front facing camera.
- This Method is only for Nextbit Robin users.
- Make sure to charge your phone to atleast 60% or more.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible if you brick or damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Download the firmware files necessary from below.
- Read the steps carefully before proceeding.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tools on your Windows or Mac and install it.
- Remember this process may erase your data, So backup your data (No Root Required)
- Take a complete backup of your apps and then proceed.
Steps to Update to Android Nougat on Nextbit Robin Manually
- Enable USB Debugging
- To Enable USB Debugging, First of all, You need to activate Developer Option on your smartphone.
- To activate, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled”.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your PC
- Download and Extract the Downloaded Android Nougat inside the ADB Folder on your PC
- Now reboot your phone Fastboot mode, turn your phone off completely and then press and hold Power + Volume Down until you see the Fastboot mode
- Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- In command window, type the following command and press enter to start the Upgrade process
- Once the flashing is done, Restart your phone. That’s it! You have updated Android Nougat on Nextbit Robin Manually
In Case if you didn’t like the update, then you can always downgrade to Marshmallow from Android Nougat.
Hope you found this article Helpful. If you have any queries comment down below.