Samsung trending flagship Smartphones Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge finally received Android Nougat Update. But this Beta update is available only for users who are registered in Android Beta testing Program. But Android Nougat firmware is already available on samfirm.net for Galaxy S7 and S7 edge with that anyone can update their Galaxy S7 or S7 edge manually. This update can be flashed via latest ODIN and firmware is about 2GB in size. Those who want to taste the Android Nougat early can follow the steps below.
Android Nougat 7.0 is packed with new features which include
- Multi-Window view
- New emojis
- Doze on the Go
- Improved Notifications
- Quick Switching between apps
- Direct reply from Notifications
- File-based Encryption
- Quick Settings Toggle
Required Files To Update
Download Galaxy S7 Android Nougat Firmware
- This Update is only for Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge users.
- It may contain Bugs.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take complete backup of your phone and then proceed. (It will not erase your data, But still we recommend)
How to Update Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge to Android 7.0 Nougat Manually
- First of all, enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on the Build Number 7 Times until you see a toast message “Developer options enabled“
- Go to Settings -> Developer Option -> Switch the Allow OEM Unlock.
4. Now extract the downloaded Odin tool
5. Now Run the Odin tool
6. Now reboot the Galaxy device into Download mode (By Home + Volume Down + Power’ buttons together) and Connect your galaxy device to PC.
7. You see in Odin tool ID: COM port turned blue color after rebooting your device to download mode. ( It is the indication that your device is successfully connected)
8. If ID: COM dosent show your device the check your USB drivers.
9. Now select the firmware file which is in .trat or .Md5 format to the AP/PDA tab in Odin Tool.
10. Make sure that only these two options are checked “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“
11. Now click on “Star” Button and wait until you see “Pass” in Odin tool.
That’s It, Now you have successfully installed Android Nougat on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.