Recently Honor released Android Nougat beta testing for Honor 8, but many of the users still didn’t receive the update. If you want to update Honor 8 to Android Nougat, then you can follow the below guide. Android Nougat for Honor 8 Update files is leaked online for FRD-L09. The official Android 7.0 for Honor 8 is a beta build and will soon roll out for your device, but you can also Manually Update Honor 8 to Android Nougat EMUI 5.0.
Android Nougat is already available for many devices HTC 10, Huawei Mate 9, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus and many other devices. Below there is step by step instructions for manually installing Android Nougat on Honor 8.
Download Honor 8 Android Nougat Firmware
Links are removed due to broken links, for new links, please check our Honor 8 Firmware collections.
- This Method is only for Honor 8 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
How to Manually Update Honor 8 to Android Nougat
- Download the Honor 8 Nougat ROM from above and save it on your device.
- First of all, you need to boot into Recovery (First Switch off your phone -> Press the Recovery Key combination Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously -> You will see the recovery option
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the Android 7.0
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have saved the Zip file
- Select the Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation.
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone.