Recently Xiaomi released update for Mi 4cto Android Nougat, but many of the users still didn’t receive the update. Mi 4C comes with Android Marshmallow out of the box. This Mi 4c Android Nougat update based on China Developer ROM MIUI 8 7.1.20 and update is rolling out via OTA. If you want to update Mi 4c to Android Nougat, then you can follow the below guide. The full Recovery ROM for Mi 4c will be available for users very soon but the Android Nougat OTA file and Fastboot file Mi 4c is now available you can be flash via the latest version Recovery mode or Mi Flash Tool. Follow the below guide to update your Mi 4c device.
Android Nougat is already available for many devices OnePlus 3, OnePlus 3T, HTC 10, Huawei Mate 9, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus and many other devices. Meanwhile, you can check for the update by going to Settings –> About Phone –> System Update. If you can’t wait for the update, you can manually install Android Nougat Manually. Below there is step by step instructions for manually installing Android Nougat on Mi 4c.
Google calls Nougat its sweetest release yet. Android Nougat is packed with new features which include Multi-Window view, New emojis, Doze on the Go, Support for DayDream and more. OTA (Over The Air) update is rolling out to many users, but it may take few weeks to reach all corners for the world.
Table of Contents
- This Method is only for Mi 4c users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Steps to Update Mi 4c to Android Nougat Manually
1. Download Android Nougat Recovery ROM for Mi 4c from above link and Transfer the downloaded ROM into your device.
2. Now open ‘Updater‘ app on your device.
3. Click on the three-dot menu (‘…’) at the top-right corner, and Click on the ‘choose update package‘.
4. Wait until the installation gets complete
1. Download Mi Flash Tool
2. Extract the downloaded ZIP file and install it on your PC.
3. Download MIUI 8 Fastboot ROM from above for your device.
4.Boot your device into Fastboot mode ( Press ‘Volume Down + Power‘ buttons together)
5. Connect your device to PC via micro USB cable.
6. Now extract the Fastboot ROM into the new folder and copy the folder path on the PC.
7. Now open the installed MI Flash Tool and Paste the folder path in the address bar in the Mi Flash tool.
8. Now, click on the ‘Refresh‘ button (Flash Tool will automatically recognize your device) and then click on the ‘Flash‘ button to start flashing MIUI 8 v7.1.20 China Developer ROM on Mi 4c.
9. Wait until the installation process completes.
10. Your device will automatically reboot after successful installation.
Hope found this article useful. Let us know your feedback on Android Nougat on Mi 4c in the comment section below.