One of the most advantages of holding a Nexus device is its regular and quick update then the most Android OEM smartphone. Nexus is a Google line up devices that run on Android Operating System and considered Google’s flagship Android products. Yesterday Google released the official latest version of Android 7.0 Nougat to the latest Nexus device. But as we know Google decided to leave the Nexus 5 device with its last Android 6.0 Marshmallow version. But today XDA Recognized Developer Santhosh M has successfully booted Android 7.0 on his Nexus 5. Now you can install Android Nougat on Nexus 5.
This is a full guide on How to update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat. The update comes in a flashable zip which means you can flash Android 7.0 Nougat for Nexus 5 via TWRP Recovery. But remember this is an early build of Android 7.0 Nougat for Nexus 5. This has bugs which is still needed to be worked on. As we have never expected the Unofficial version of Android Nougat for Nexus 5 this quickly, But here we are showing you the steps for How to update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat.
Android Nougat is now officially available for Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus 6 Nexus 9, Nexus Player, and Google Pixel C. Now Download and Install officially if you are using any of the devices we mentioned. You can also install Android 7.0 Nougat on Huawei P9. Now follow the guide below to update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat.
Remember : As we already said THIS IS AN EARLY VERSION WHICH IS NOT A STABLE ENOUGH TO USE AS A DAILY ROM, TRY IT YOURSELF TO SEE HOW IT PERFORMS FOR YOUR NEXUS 5.
- This is for Google Nexus 5 aka hammerhead
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Back up your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
|What works ?||What doesn’t ?|
Steps for How to update Nexus 5 to An
droid 7.0 Nougat
[button color=”red” size=”22px” type=”square” target=”blank” link=”http://www.androiddevs.net/downloads/”]DOWNLOAD NOW[/button]
- First of all, you need to boot into Recovery -> First Switch off your phone -> Press the Recovery Key combination Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously -> You will see the recovery option (In Some Brand, Volume Up and Power button)
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the Android 7.0
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- For Google Gapps install the Google Gapps Zip using the same process
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have installed Android 7.0 Nougat on Nexus 5 successfully