Software updates are important for all smartphones today. In a world of changing, trends updates are the best way you can keep your device useful forever. Considering the larger price tag of devices like the Galaxy Note 8, updates are a must. Nobody wants to spend a lot of money on a device which will go useless in a year. This is why manufacturers and carriers give regular updates which will include better features and improve any bugs present in the device. At&t being a phone carrier company with a big user base does give out regular updates on their devices. This article includes steps to update software version on At&t Galaxy Note 8.
Steps to update software version on At&t Galaxy Note 8
At&t gives new updates occasionally for their devices as OTA or Over the Air update. This will be notified to the user once an update arrives on their device. You can at any time check for updates on your Galaxy Note 8.
There are several things to be noted before you go for the update process on your Galaxy Note 8, which are:
- It is recommended that you backup your device before going forward with the update process. Although an update will not delete any data, this is advisable to do for safety.
- A strong internet connection like a Wi-Fi network is recommended.
- A minimum of 50% of the battery is needed, or the device should be plugged in to charge.
Steps to find and install update on At&t Galaxy Note 8
The steps to find and install latest updates on At&t Galaxy Note 8 are:
- Open settings
- Tap on software update
- Tap on check for update
- If there is an update tap on download & install
- Wait until the process is completed
I hope this guide was useful in understanding how to update software version on At&t Galaxy Note 8. If you have any queries or feedback, please leave a comment below.