Verizon started rolling the latest OTA update for Verizon LG G5 which brings the November security patch update for the Verizon LG G5 VS987. The update comes with build number VS9872CA and still based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
The update has rolled out via OTA (Over The Air) and will soon hit your Verizon LG G5 device running stock ROM without root. With this software update, the software version is bumped to VS9872CA on Verizon LG G5. Along with Security update, Verizon also added AppFlash to your LG G5 with regular bug fixes and improved the system stability and performance.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
This update is an incremental update for Verizon LG G5. So we recommend updating your device safe with the latest security patch which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
Now you can download the Verizon LG G5 VS9872CA KDZ Stock Firmware and install it manually using the below guide on How to Install KDZ Stock Firmware on Verizon LG G5. If you didn’t receive any OTA update on Verizon LG G5, then you can use the manual procedure on How to install VS9872CA KDZ Stock Firmware on Verizon LG G5.
Read More about Stock ROM and Custom ROM
Now you can enjoy the latest VS9872CA build on Verizon LG G5 in Verizon Carrier by following the below step by step guide to flash VS9872CA on Verizon LG G5. The new update has rolled out and will soon available on your phone via OTA notification. Now you can download and install the VS9872CA update manually on your LG G5 using our guide below.
Download Install VS9872CA Stock Nougat Firmware on Verizon LG G5
If you didn’t receive the official OTA on Verizon LG G5, then either you can wait for the update notification to hit your phone or you can update manually. As OTA may take a few days or a week to be available for all, you can try to update manually by Going into
Update automatically OTA for Android 7.0 Nougat VS9872CA on Verizon LG G5:
- Open Settings on Verizon LG G5.
- Go to General > About phone. (If using List view, scroll down to PHONE MANAGEMENT,’ then tap About phone.)
- Now click Update Center.
- Tap System update.
- Tap Check for update.
- If you have any update, follow the on-screen prompts to update the device.