Motorola Moto Z (codename: Griffin) launched in June 2016. If you love custom ROM, then you may have heard about Resurrection Remix. Finally, It’s official now! Resurrection Remix based on Android 8.1 Oreo started rolling for few supported devices. You can now install Resurrection Remix Oreo on Moto Z (Griffin).
The smartphone features a 5.5-inch display. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 processor clubbed with 4GB of RAM and 32/64GB of internal memory. The internal memory of the device can be expanded via microSD card. Moto Z sports 13MP rear camera and 5MP front camera. The handset runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box and later upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo.
Resurrection Remix Oreo on Moto Z (Android 8.1 Oreo)
Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The ROM brings many new features from popular custom ROM like Lineage OS, Slim, AOKP, Paranoid Android and many more. Along with all these features, Remix also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM.
Now you can install Resurrection Remix Oreo on Moto Z by following our guide below. The guide is simple and easy. To flash this ROM, you need TWRP Recovery on your phone. If your phone is running TWRP, then you can simply download and flash the Resurrection Remix Oreo on Moto Z (Griffin). Like we said, The ROM is based on Android Oreo which is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and much more. Here is the Top 10 Features of Android 8.0 Oreo.
[su_note note_color=”#fff2fc” text_color=”#000000″]Here is the full list of Resurrection Remix Oreo supported devices. We have already shared both Lineage OS 15.1 and Lineage OS 15.0 based on Android Oreo. In case if you still want to enjoy or downgrade to Nougat, then check out our complete list of Lineage OS 14.1 based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat.[/su_note]
Watch The Latest Resurrection Remix Video
Thanks to XDA Senior member Loader009, for developing this Custom ROM for Motorola Moto Z. Full Credits to him and his work.
Download ROM files
Resurrection Remix Oreo ROM (Griffin)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
—–> How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
—–> Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
—–> How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Moto Z
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Moto Z.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- In case if you fail to install, then follow our guide on how to restore the nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking or damage to your device
Steps To install Resurrection Remix Oreo on Moto Z
Here is the link to the complete illustrative tutorial to flash the latest Resurrection Remix Oreo on Moto Z based Android 8.1. Follow it carefully.How To Install A Custom ROM Using TWRP Recovery Tutorial On How To Root A Custom ROM
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you already installed SuperSU, then make sure to follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will help you to easily revert the rooting and pass SafetyNet check[/su_note]
Check Popular Post
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- List of AICP 13.1 Supported device [Android Ice Cold Project 13.1 Review]
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
Find all Android 8.0 Oreo Tips and Tricks to enable picture in picture feature WiFi issue and Other Most advanced features, tricks, and tips.
[su_button url="https://www.getdroidtips.com/tag/android-8-0-oreo-tips/" target="blank" style="flat" background="#3b4193" color="#ffffff" size="7" center="yes" icon="icon: check-square-o" text_shadow="0px 0px 0px #fa6512"]Click To Find More Tips and Tricks[/su_button]
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Resurrection Remix Oreo on Moto Z. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Source: Development Page