US unlocked carriers in the USA have started rolling out the latest July security patch update for the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G devices. The firmware update bumps up a new software version N986U1UEU1ATGO based on Android 10. All the interested Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G users with the US Unlocked can now download and install the latest July 2020 patch update from this article.
The firmware OTA update is making its way in a gradual manner to US unlocked carriers like Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, Virgin Mobile, Tracfone, Bluegrass, and Nextech. It may take a couple of days or so in order to hit all the units completely to the rest of the carriers. Meanwhile, the July 2020 Android Security Patch brings increased system security and stability. There are no additional features or improvements released with this update. So, we will suggest you check for the OTA update or manually flash the firmware in order to keep updated with the latest patchset.
Table of Contents
Check OTA Updates
You can always check for the OTA update manually on your Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G handset via the device Settings > About Phone > Software updates > Check for updates. If there is a new firmware update available, just make sure to grab it by downloading and installing the firmware update. For a successful and faster update process, you should connect your handset to a Wi-Fi network and maintain at least 50% of charge.
Firmware Info: N986U1UEU1ATGO
- Model Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Model Number: SM-N986U1
- Region: USA
- Carriers: US Unlocked Carriers; Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, Virgin Mobile, Tracfone, Bluegrass, and Nextech
- Software Version: N986U1UEU1ATGO
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-07-01
How to Flash Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G July 2020 Update
In order to flash the firmware manually on your US Unlocked Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This ROM is supported only on the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G variant.
- To avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process, make sure to charge it at least 50% or more
- To install this, you need a PC or Laptop with original or genuine USB Cable
- To avoid losing your data, we always recommend taking a complete backup.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.Steps to install firmware using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the July 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G model with build number N986U1UEU1ATGO. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.