On this page, we have shared the official September 2021 security patch update for the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G with build number G988USQS2DUH2. This update is based on Android 11 and it is now live in USA for the US Carriers such as AT&T, Verizon, and more.
As usual, this update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner. If you have a Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G (US Carrier model) with variant SM-G988U, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to September 2021 with a build number G988USQS2DUH2.
Check Software Update on Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G:
If you have not received the software update, then check for the OTA update manually by going into Settings –> System > System Updates. In case if you see any new updates, you can hit the download now button to start upgrading your device.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your device and are connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- Model No: SM-G988U
- Build Number: G988USQS2DUH2
- Android OS Version: Android 11
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-09-01
How to Install September 2021 Security Patch on Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
Before jumping into the firmware flashing process, ensure to check out the requirements, and download links. You’ll require to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware flash file, and drivers on your computer. Let’s take a look.
- This stock firmware (G988USQS2DUH2) is only applicable for the US Carrier Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G model.
- Keep your device charged up to 50% to avoid occasional shut down during the firmware flashing process.
- A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB Data Cable will require.
- Make sure to a full data backup before flashing the software on your device.
- G988USQS2DUH2 | Download Flash File | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC
- ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve now successfully installed the latest September 2021 security patch (G988USQS2DUH2) on your Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G device. Have some queries? Let us know in the comment section below.