Updated on October 20, 2020: Today Xiaomi India rolled the September 2020 security patch for the Redmi K20 Pro with build number V184.108.40.206.QFKINXM.
The Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro is the rebranded version of the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro that was launched almost a year ago. It came with Android 9.0 Pie over MIUI 11 out-of-the-box and already running on the official stable Android 10 update. Meanwhile, the company has started pushing the MIUI 220.127.116.11 Beta India Stable ROM for the Redmi K20 Pro model over Android 10 that bumps up a new firmware version V18.104.22.168.QFKINXM. Now, all the interested Redmi K20 Pro Indian variant users can manually download and install this new update by following this article.
The newly released MIUI 12 beta India stable firmware build for the Redmi K20 Pro (Raphael) is a rollback version of the previous firmware version V22.214.171.124.QFKINXM that was released a month ago. It brings the all-new MIUI 12 skin with an improved user interface, privacy protection, system animations, super wallpapers, floating windows, AI call assistant, Xiaomi health, control center, new accessibility mode, dark mode, always-on display, trips, Mi carrier services, redesigned home screen, new themes, file manager, calendar, game speed booster, and more.
Check Software Updates (OTA)
Most of the smartphone OEMs always provide the firmware OTA update to its devices in a phased manner. Therefore, it may not be possible to arrive the OTA update notification on all the units at the same time. Once the initial roll-out process seems stable enough then the wider roll-out process starts. Meanwhile, if you don’t want to wait further, just head over to the device Settings > About Phone > Software updates.
Alternatively, you can also go to the Software Updater app on your phone directly to check for the update. If there is an update available, simply download and install it. Make sure to connect your device to the Wi-Fi network and keep the device charged more than 50%.
Now, if in case, you’re not receiving the firmware OTA update, then we will recommend you to manually install the firmware update on your device by following the guide below.
Downloads and Changelog:
- Updated Android Security Patch to September 2020. Increased system security
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- New: Super wallpapers break physical boundaries and keep inspiring you with every touch.
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Reset your device ID and control how it’s used based on virtual ID technology.
- New: Grant permissions that will be used only while you’re using an app.
- New: You can also grant permissions just once, and decide again next time a permission is required.
- New: Restrict access to telephony to third party apps.
- New: Return blank messages to the apps that require personal information.
- New: Receive notifications whenever apps record audio, use camera, or access your location.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Get comprehensive stats on how apps use permissions in app behavior history.
- New: Visit privacy.miui.com to learn how MIUI protects your privacy.
- Optimization: Apps aren’t allowed to launch other apps in the background now.
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
- New: You can open an app in a floating window directly from Recents.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
AI Call Assistant
- New: Mi AI can answer your calls now!
- New: You can record a customized greeting that will be played to the other person during AI calls.
- New: Customized greetings are also supported for outgoing calls.
- New: All-new Xiaomi Health gives you more options and makes your health stats more accurate.
- New: Put your device next to you before falling asleep to analyze your sleep cycle and record talking and snoring.
- New: You can sync data with supported wearable and smart home devices.
- New: Xiaomi Health can remind you to stand up and move when it detects that you’ve been sitting down for too long.
- New: The app also analyzes your stats and gives you simple health advice.
- New: Our new low-power consumption AI algorithm allows you to count steps and track workouts whenever your device is with you.
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
- Fix: Brightness adjustment bar couldn’t be used when Control center was opened for the first time
- Fix: Toggle order wasn’t correct on the old toggle panel
- Fix: Switching SIM cards crashed the app in some cases
- Fix: Accessibility features weren’t available in the editing mode
- New: Mi Ditto combines dictation and speech output, making mobile devices more convenient for people who have difficulties using conventionally designed smartphones.
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Font weight is adjusted to Dark mode as well, reducing blur and glare.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- New: You can use custom images with Always-on display now.
- New: Usage history saves all your choices and allows you to come back to them.
- Fix: Lock screen items were shown on the Always-on display
- New: Traffic and suggested routes to airports and train stations.
- New: You can track your previous trips now.
- New: Checklists for trips.
- New: Alarms for train arrivals.
Mi Carrier Services
- New: View your SIM balance and mobile data usage stats.
- New: Save frequently used phone numbers to top up balance and buy mobile data later.
- New: Buy SIM cards and services.
- New: Promotional messages are grouped according to their content now.
- Removed: Lock screen and Always-on display issues in Second space
Status bar, Notification shade
- New: Animated Home screen icons are neat and satisfying.
- New: We’ve added a new animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: Gravitational animations make returning to Home screen look seamless and natural.
- New: More than 2000 new Always-on display themes.
- New: Dashboard with the stats that cover 4 weeks is available now.
- Optimization: New design makes your Screen time stats more comprehensible.
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: New full screen gestures for switching between apps are available.
- New: Use the floating shortcut to filter and sort items, as well as switch view.
- New: New layout tailored for landscape orientation is available now.
- New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
- New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
Game speed booster
- New: You can record key moments of your gaming sessions automatically now.
- New: Voice changer is available now.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Keep your home safe with smart home device alerts.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
- New: Shared family storage plan is available now
Steps to Install MIUI 126.96.36.199 India Stable ROM for Redmi K20 Pro
Here we’ve provided two methods to flash the stock firmware on your Xiaomi device. You can either follow the Fastboot method or the Recovery method to install the latest update.
GetDroidTips won’t be held liable for any kind of error that may occur to your phone by following this guide or flashing any file. Take a full backup before doing anything and proceed at your own risk.
- The ROM supported for Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro only. Don’t try it on other models.
- Charge your phone battery up to 60% minimum.
- Take a complete backup of internal data (No Root).
- You will need a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Download and Install all the following tools and drivers on your computer.
- Xiaomi USB Drivers – Download and Install it on your PC/Laptop.
- Xiaomi Mi Flash tool – Download and Install it on the computer. (for Fastboot Method)
Now, after following all the requirements and downloading the files/tools, you’re ready to install the firmware.
Steps to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can also check out the video tutorial below for your ease.
Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide helpful and you’ve installed or updated the latest MIUI firmware on your Redmi K20 Pro successfully. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.