Today Asus has finally rolled the Android 9.0 Pie update for the first gaming series Asus Rog Phone. If you have an Asus Rog Phone (ZS602KL) device, then you should be one lucky to enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie update officially from Asus. The update bumps the software version to WW-16.0410.1910.95. Follow our guide to manually install Asus Rog Phone Android 9.0 Pie Update. Yes, the company has uploaded the Android 9.0 Pie FOTA update package on its official website.
The update packs new features such as gesture navigation, better AI based battery management, App action, and App slices. In this post, we will guide you to install Asus Rog Phone Android 9.0 Pie update manually. If you are awaiting the OTA and it is yet to show up, then you can download and install the ROM on your own. Below you can find the OTA link and a full tutorial on how to install it.
To receive the firmware OTA, you must be running last Oreo firmware on the ZS602KL model. If you already have this update, then check for the update manually by going into Settings > Software update > Download update manually.
Update OS to Android 9 Pie
1.User will encounter a brief black screen last for 3 to 5 minutes (Depending on the amount of data) after it finished the FOTA and reboot. Please do not force reboot the device because of the system has been checking, it would return to normal very soon.
2.Fixed the issue that TwinApps occasional not able to be launched
3.Fixed the Audio wizard can not be used in Russia
4.Fixed display error of Classic Theme Settings
5.Disabled BSNL VoLTE function in India
6.Fixed that screenshot could not be read by computer when device connects with computer
7.Fixed the game of Arena of Valor noise issue when live streaming with front camera
Download Asus Rog Phone Android 9.0 Pie OTA
Here is the download link for the Asus Rog Phone Android Pie update.
- WW-16.0410.1910.95 Asus Rog Phone Pie Beta update: Download
Steps to Install Asus Rog Phone Android 9.0 Pie Update Manually
Either you can use the upgrade by recovery method or the ADB sideload method. We will discuss both in brief and learn the process step-by-step.
Before proceeding you have to follow a few points and grab some tools you will need while you follow either of the flashing methods.
- Supported for Asus Rog Phone ( ZS602KL)
- Charge your device to 50% or more.
- Your device must be running on Stock ROM (for method 1)
- Download ASUS USB Drivers on your PC.
- Before upgrading, take a complete backup of your data.
- For the second method, you must download ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC [Download ADB SDK Tool]
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
Method 1: PC Version:
- Download the File provided in the download above.
- Copy the ZIP file in the internal storage of your Phone.
- Connect your phone to PC via micro USB cable, and copy the ZIP file to the root directory of the phone of internal storage.
- Remove the micro USB from the phone when the file transfer is completed.
- If the Update notification doesn’t show up, reboot your phone and check for the firmware update notification pop-up on the status bar.
- Tap and System Update File Detected, and follow the steps shown to update the firmware.
Method 1: Mobile Version:
- Download the file from the provided link:
- Open Downloads Folder or the Path where you have downloaded the File, by default the path is always download folder.
- Move/Copy the File to Internal Storage of your Phone.
- Once the File is in the internal storage the update notification should arrive or else restart your phone.
- The Battery should be Minimum 30% charged before you update the device.
- The Zip file needs to be downloaded in one attempt as the file may be corrupted if the download fails in between.
- The current firmware version of your phone should be on the latest one, only then the New firmware version will be detected.
I hope this guide was useful to upgrade your Rog Phone to Android 9.0 Pie.