Today Asus has rolled another new update for Asus ZenPad 10. The Update is rolling out via OTA for every Asus ZenPad 10 users with model number Z300C. The latest update is still based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and not on Android Nougat. This new update comes with Google Security Patch and along with that, Asus also added latest features and many improvements over the earlier build. In the latest build V5.3.6 for Asus Asus ZenPad 10, Asus has removed redundant such as ‘Audio Wizard’, ‘Splendid’, ‘System update’ and ‘Flashlight’. If you didn’t receive the OTA, you can update Marshmallow V5.3.6 on Asus ZenPad 10 Z300C manually using below guide.
Features and Changelog from V5.3.6 For Asus ZenPad 10 :
- Update Google security patch.
- Removeredundant app shortcuts “Audio Wizard”、 “Splendid” 、“System update” and “Flashlight” from all appsmenu.
- Remove”PC Suite” (CD ROM)
- Remove“Tap and hold to show menu” form Settings > ASUS customized settings >Touch key setting. Add “Tap and hold to activate Multi-window ” in Touch keysetting.
- QuickSettings supports multiple pages , user can swipe left to right to see morequick settings if using more than 12. User can enter edit screen by tap theedit button on top right corner to determine which settings enabling ordisabling.
- DefaultTap and hold Recent apps key to activate Multi-window.
- Add”Game Genie”.
- ZenUIKeyboard added New Unicode code 9.0 emoji and skin tone.
- Thepreloaded Holo Spiral, Bubbles, Black Hole, and Phase Beam live wallpapers arenot compatible with Android N and will be removed after system update.
- Addbundled notifications switch. (Settings > Notification > Configurenotifications.) When multiple notifications fora single app are received, they can be bundled together into a single group.This group can be expanded to see the individual messages.
Add Lock screen wallpaper slideshow
Changewallpaper every time you wake up your device. And users can go to”Settings” -> “Lock screen” -> “Wallpaperslideshow settings” for setting.
- UpdateSMMI tool to SMMI_TEST_V5.1.74_CSC_L1L2.
- SupportUnlock tool
How to Manually Update Marshmallow V5.3.6 on Asus ZenPad 10 Z300C
If you didn’t receive the official OTA on Asus ZenPad 10, then either you can wait for the update notification to hit your phone or you can update manually. As OTA may take a few days or a week to be available for all, you can try to update manually by Going into
Settings —> About —> System Update and check for the update manually to upgrade Asus ZenPad 10 Z300C with V5.3.6 Android Marshmallow build.
I hope this article was very useful to you on updating Marshmallow V5.3.6 on Asus ZenPad 10 Z300C manually. Write comment below, if you have any querries or feedbacks.
Source : Link