A new security patch update for the month of October is now rolling out in the US for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S10 5G. Users will receive it with build number G977UVRS3ASJK. This update is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Currently, the update is moving over-the-air. OTAs move automatically, so this new October 2019 update should drop into the devices in the region on its own.
You still have the option to check for the availability of the update manually. Otherwise, you may flash the stock ROM on your device. We have got our hands on the G977UVRS3ASJK firmware. So, you need to manually flash this firmware on your Verizon Galaxy S10 5G to update it to the October 2019 security patch. We have put up the necessary flash tool and other software to install the new update.
Download the OTA
OTA moves in phases, so either you can wait for the update or manually check for the update first.
- Go to the phone Settings > System Update > tap on Check for Latest Updates.
If the latest G977UVRS3ASJK October 2019 update is available, it will show up on your Galaxy S10 5G. Then tap on the Download button and install the update.
- Charge the battery of your device to at least a 50% battery before you update.
- Use the Wi-Fi to network download the software update.
Now, before we flashing the firmware let’s throw a glance on the firmware info.
- Device Name: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S10 5G
- Model: SM-G977U
- Baseband Version: G977UVRS3ASJK
- Security Patch Level: 2019-10-01 (October)
- Region: US
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
How to Install G977UVRS3ASJK October 2019 Update on Galaxy S10 5G
For the installation, we will the ODIN flash tool. We have linked it below for you to download. It is an exclusive stock firmware installation tool for Samsung devices. Also, we have put up some guidelines which you must go through and follow correctly to ensure that the firmware is properly installed on your Galaxy S10 5G from Verizon.
- The firmware zip file is only for Verizon Galaxy S10 5G (SM-G977U). Don’t try to install it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything.
- You will need to enter into the Samsung Download Mode as well.
Now download the firmware zip file for your device from the link below.
Guide to Install the firmware
Download the stock ROM and the flash tool ODIN, check out the installation guides given below.
That’s all guys. Now you can update your Verizon Galaxy S10 5G to the October 2019 patch. Install and enjoy.