Samsung has always been popular for releasing advanced flagship smartphones. At the same time, it also has been a producer of its efficient and feature-packed S series tablets. However, it always seemed as if Samsung smartphones are overshadowing the tablet range. In fact, the Korean phone maker has always been reluctant to roll out timely software and system upgrades for its tablets. However, we think Samsung is trying to change this attitude with the release of its new 2019 Tab S6. It’s almost one month since the Galaxy Tab S6 released. Currently, the Galaxy Tab S6 from Verizon Wireless is receiving its first-ever software update. It is rolling over-the-air with build number T867VVRU1ASI2.
The debut update for the Tab S6 includes the Android security patch for August 2019. Also, the new software improves the Verizon Messages+ Application on the phone. This software update is based on Android 9.0 Pie.
Downloading the OTA
The debut update for the Tab S6 is rolling over-the-air. It may take a few days to be available to everyone around the globe. If waiting for the OTA to drop on the device is not something you would prefer, then you can manually search and capture the software.
- Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates
- If the new software update is available, then tap Download now.
- Post the download, tap on Install update to begin the installation.
Try to use Wi-Fi to download the software faster. Also, have enough battery power on your Tab S6 so that the device doesn’t break down while you are busy trying to install the update.
Manually Installing T867VVRU1ASI2 update on Galaxy Tab S6
Well, if the over-the-air update has been late to reach your device, then there is another alternative way to upgrade your device instantly to the August 2019 security patch. All you need to do is download the stock firmware and flash it using the Odin tool. We have put up the download link and the tutorial to make things easier for you.
Simply follow the guide below and install the T867VVRU1ASI2 software update on your all-new Galaxy Tab S6.
Before installing the firmware you have to remember some guidelines and make sure that you have the required tools with you. So, check it out below.
- The firmware provided in this guide is exclusively for the Verizon Galaxy Tab S6. Don’t use it on any other Samsung devices.
- Make sure to charge up the battery of your Tab S6 up to 70% before installing the update.
- A PC/Laptop and USB cable
- Take a Full Backup without Root on your phone before installing the stock firmware.
- You have to install the Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- You have to enter your device into the Samsung Download Mode.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
- Model: SM-T860
- Baseband Version: T867VVRU1ASI2
- Carriers: Verizon
- Region: USA
- Security Patch Level: 2019-08-01
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
Firmware Download Link
Steps of Firmware Installation
Before jumping to the manual software installation,
Here is the link for the tutorial which will explain to you how to install a stock ROM using the Odin tool.How to install a stock ROM on a Galaxy Tab S6
Otherwise, if you still have confusion regarding the manual installation, then check out the video tutorial to do it.Video tutorial for installing the Stock ROM on any Samsung device using Odin Tool
So, that’s all about it folks. Make sure to catch the first software update for your Verizon Galaxy Tab S6.