Verizon LG K20 V receiving a new software update from Verizon in the USA with build number VS5011CA. It is basically a maintenance update which steps up the security patch level of the device to that of January 2019. The update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. Apart from the security upgrade, no other important update accompanies this software.
The update is currently rolling over the air as we speak. This means it will automatically find its way into the device. Well, this will be a gradual process where users will receive the update in batches. However, you can also search and get hold of the OTA manually. Follow the steps we have put up below.
Go to your phone Settings > General > About phone > Update Center. Then tap on System update> Check for update. If the new software has arrived, it will pop-up on the screen. Then simply download it. We will suggest that you connect to a good Wi-Fi network to download the VS5011CA OTA. In this way, you can save your carrier charges for data. Make sure your device’s battery charge is 50% or more. A low battery will hinder the installation process.
VS5011CA Firmware Details:
- Device Model: LG K20 V
- Carrier: Verizon
- Region: USA
- Release date: January 18, 2019
- Android version: 7.0 Nougat
- Security patch level (SPL): January 1, 2018
- Software version: VS5011CA
- File size: 320MB
- What’s changing: Android device security updates
How to Download?
Download Link is given below:
Steps to Install Update on Verizon LG K20 V Manually:
Please note, before following manual setup, you should read the pre-requisites carefully.
- This is for Model: Verizon LG K20 V
- Make sure the downloaded software is genuine.
- Your device must have 70% battery.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- Download and Install Latest LG USB Drivers
- Download LG Bridge software.
- Download LG FlashTool and LG UP
- Now follow the steps to install LG firmware on any LG phones.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
Instructions to Install:
Follow our guide on how to upgrade Verizon LG K20 V to January 2019 Security Patch updateGuide to Install LG KDZ Firmware on any LG Devices
I hope this guide was useful to install Verizon LG K20 V January 2019 Security Patch with software version VS5011CA.