Verizon Wireless has started pushing out the latest February security patch for the LG Stylo 5. It’s based on Android 9.0 Pie with the software version Q720VS10e that all the Verizon LG Stylo 5 unit users will start receiving very soon. The firmware update is rolling out via OTA in batches and may take some time to roll-out completely in the USA.
This new firmware update only brings the latest February 2020 Android Security Patch Level for the Verizon LG Stylo 5 that offers improved system security and fixes a security vulnerability in the System component that could enable a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on Android devices. Therefore, all the Verizon LG Stylo 5 unit users should upgrade to this firmware version for better system security. However, if you don’t want to wait further, you can manually check for OTA updates.
Check Software Updates (OTA)
As the OTA update is waving in a phased manner, not all the users may receive the update at the same time. So, it’s better to check for OTA updates from the device manually. Go to the device Settings > About Phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
If the latest firmware update is available, you can choose Download Now option and then tap on Install Now. Once done, your device will reboot and then tap on OK. Now, if you don’t receive the OTA update, you can check how to download official LG firmware.
- Release Date: February 27, 2020
- Android Version: 9.0 Pie
- Security Patch Level (SPL): February 1, 2020
- Software Version: Q720VS10e
- What’s changing: The current software update gives you the most up to date Android security patches on your device.
Steps to Install Verizon LG Stylo 5 February 2020 patch manually
You have to keep in mind that, the firmware file that we have put up based on the Q720VS10e build. This firmware is a KDZ file. So, we will flash it using the LG UP method.
- This firmware zip file is exclusively for Verizon LG Stylo 5. Do not use it on any other LG device.
- Your device must be on stock firmware with version V15d in order to install the current firmware.
- Recharge your device up to 50 % before installing the update.
- Take a backup of your device data before installing the new update.
- Download and Install the Latest LG USB Drivers on your computer.
- LG Bridge software – Download and install it on your PC.
- Download LG FlashTool and LG UP on your PC and install it.
- Firmware File:
Firmware Installation guide
Here is the complete guide which will help you perform the installation of the latest V20k firmware on your LG Stylo 5.Install LG KDZ Firmware on any LG Devices.
That’s it, guys. Now, you know how to successfully install the Verizon LG Stylo 5 February 2020 patch with version Q720VS10e. We hope that this guide was useful to you.
LG Stylo 5 Device Overview
To recall, LG Stylo 5 was announced in June 2019 which sports a 6.2-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels with 390 PPI pixel density. The device is protected by a 2.5D curved glass screen.
The device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 chipset coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. It also supports a 1TB external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie and backed by a 3500 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a single-camera setup with 13MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with a 5MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The LG Stylo 5 comes with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.