New Update Story:
Updated on September 14, 2019: Verizon network has started rolling out the August 2019 security patch update for Moto G6 Play. It comes with the build number PDPS29.118-38-2 and is still based on the Android 9.0 Pie version. The software update brings some of the bug fixes and system performance improvements as well.
The update is rolling out the firmware update via OTA for Verizon users in the USA and it may take some time to reach every user. Along with the August 2019 Android Security Patch level, this update also improved the fingerprint sensor performance, improves Wifi connectivity, and improves the performance.
We have shared a full detailed installation guide along with pre-requirements, download links, and other tools. So, check out the full guide below. If you have not received then you can check for the OTA update manually.
Check for OTA Updates on Moto G6 Play
OTA (over-the-air) update comes automatically to a device whenever the manufacturer released an Android update for a particular device. Most of the smartphone OEMs provide OTA updates to its devices in incremental mode and takes a few days to receive completely. However, if your device isn’t receiving any OTA updates automatically, you can check for it.
In order to check for the OTA updates manually on your handset:
- Go to the Settings menu from the device.
- Tap on System.
- Select Advanced > System Updates.
- If the update is available, follow the on-screen instructions and proceed. After the update, your phone will restart into a new system.
New Firmware Details
Here is a little info about the firmware which brings the August 2019 security patch for Moto G6 Play.
- Device Name: Motorola Moto G6 Play
- Carrier: Verizon
- Baseband Version: PDPS29.118-67-10
- Previous Version:
- Region: USA.
- Security Patch Level: 2019-08-01
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
If you still not received the update on Verizon Moto G6 Play, then check our article on How to force download latest OTA updates on your Android device.
Verizon Moto G6 Play Software Update Details:
|Build Number||What’s changing:|
|PDPS29.118-67-10||April 2020 Android security patch|
|PDPS29.118-67-5||February 2020 Android security patch|
|PDPS29.118-67-3||December 2019 Android security patch|
|PDPS29.118-38-2||August 2019 Android security patch|
How to Install Stock Software Update on Verizon Moto G6 Play
We have to follow the regular process of using the Motorola flash tool to install or update the Motorola stock firmware on the Moto G6 Play device. We have provided the full guide below which will help you install the software on your phone. However, make sure to check the guidelines before you begin to flash the new update.
- This Pie-based firmware is only for Moto G6 Play. Don’t use it other devices.
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- A PC/Laptop and USB cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Full Backup without Root on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You must install Motorola USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tools
- Download Motorola RSD Lite flash tool
Installation Guide for Firmware
After downloading the firmware file, you need to use Flash Tool or sideload via ADB to flash it on your device. Here is a detailed guide which you can follow to install the firmware on your device.
We hope this guide will be helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed the Stock Firmware on your Moto G6 Play device. If you’re facing any issues regarding this, you can write down your comments in the comment section below.