New Update on February 01, 2020: Today Verizon rolled the December 2020 security patch for the device with build number QDVS30.106-27-7-5.
New Update on October 14, 2020: Today Verizon rolled the August 2020 security patch for the Motorola Razr smartphone with build number QDV30.106-27-7.
New Updated on August 19, 2020: Verizon Wireless has recently released another new firmware update for the Motorola Razr handset that offers the latest August 2020 Android Security Patch Level with a software version QDVS30.106-27-4.
New Updated on June 22, 2020: After rolling Android 10 to Verizon Motorola Razr in the USA, Today the firm started rolling the second version of Android 10 which upgrades the build to June 2020 security patch. The update is now live with build number QDVS30.106-27-2.
The Motorola Razr 2019 model is a foldable smartphone that comes with pretty good hardware specifications. It brings the old signature Razr design into the light again after so many years. The device came with Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box. If you’re using the Verizon Motorola Razr 2019 model and want to install a new firmware update, then you can check out this guide. Currently, the company has released a new firmware update for the respective model. Here you can follow the Verizon Motorola Razr Software Update Tracker.
Now, talking about the new firmware update brings the latest March 2020 Android Security Patch Level that comes with a new software version PDVS29.266-47-2-3 based on Android 9.0 Pie. There are no other improvements included in this update. Now, if you want to install the update, you can keep checking the software OTA update on your device. As the OTA update always roll-out in batches, it can take some time to hit all the Verizon Motorola Razr variants.
- Check and Verify Software Update
- Motorola Razr 2019 Specifications
- Verizon Motorola Razr Software Update Tracker
- Steps to Install the Software Update Manually on Verizon Motorola Razr
Check and Verify Software Update
If you’re using the Motorola Razr 2019 model, then you can go to the device Settings > About phone > System updates,> Restart Now. Make sure to follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update properly. Ensure that your phone battery is charged more than 60% and connected to a Wi-Fi network.
In order to check the current software version, you can go to the device Settings > About phone > Check the build number, Android version, baseband version, etc.
However, if in case, you don’t receive any software update notification on your device, then you can manually install the firmware version by following the guide below.
Motorola Razr 2019 Specifications
The device has a 6.2-inches foldable P-OLED display with 876×2142 pixels resolution and a secondary external 2.7-inches G-OLED display with 600×800 pixels resolution. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie and powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 SoC, paired with Adreno 616 GPU.
The device packs 6GB RAM, 128GB of onboard memory. It sports a dual rear camera setup of a 16MP primary (f/1.7) lens + a TOF 3D camera (depth). The handset has a Dual Pixel PDAF, Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, Panorama mode, etc. On the front side, the device packs a 5MP selfie camera (f/2.0) with HDR mode.
It features dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, LTEPP, SUPL, NFC, USB 3.0 Type-C port, etc. The device packs a front-mounted fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass sensor. It has a 2,510mAh battery with 15W fast charging support.
Verizon Motorola Razr Software Update Tracker
Here we have mentioned all the latest software update details with changelogs for the Verizon Motorola Razr variant. We will keep updating the tracker whenever a new update release for this model.
This software update:
This software update:
|QDVS30.106-27-4||Android Security Patch Level: August 2020
Software Version: QDVS30.106-27-4What’s changing:The current software update gives you the most up to date Android security patches on your device.
||Android Security Patch Level: June 2020
Software Version: QDVS30.106-27-2What’s changing:The current software update gives you the most up to date Android security patches on your device.
The current software update gives you the most up to date Android security patches on your device. (March 2020)
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to help optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches. (December 2019)
Steps to Install the Software Update Manually on Verizon Motorola Razr
Before installing the firmware update, make sure to follow the pre-requirements and install the necessary drivers and tools on your PC. After following the requirements properly, head over to the updating process.
- This ROM file and guide are supported only for Motorola Razr Verizon Wireless variant. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable to connect your phone with the computer.
- Download and Install the latest Motorola USB Drivers for Windows and MAC. [For All Android USB Drivers]
- Download and extract the ADB fastboot tool on your PC (Fastboot Method)
- Make sure to charge the device battery up to 60% at least.
- Take a complete Backup Your Android Phone (No Root).
Instructions to Install: via ADB Sideload Method
- Now, go to the folder where you have extracted the ADB and Fastboot Tools.
- Download Stock ROM for Moto from the above list of Moto Stock Firmware Collections and save it in the ADB folder.
- Now, reboot Motorola smartphone to Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from ADB.
- Plug the phone into PC using USB Cable, then open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now execute the below command in CMD screen.
adb sideload Filename.zip
- Wait until the installation process completes.
- Once the installation process completed. Reboot the phone.
- That’s it. Done.
Manually Update Verizon Motorola Razr Stock Firmware via Recovery
- First of all, Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 Times. The Developer options will enable.
- Go back to the main Settings menu. Search for the Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Download the firmware file from above and save it in the device’s internal storage.
- Now, reboot your Motorola device to Stock Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from SD Card.
- Select the Downloaded ZIP file (ROM File) from SD Card.
- Wait until the Installation process Completes.
- Once the installation completed. Reboot your device.
Motorola isn’t that consistent and fast enough to provide major software updates for more than a year. There is no official confirmation about the Motorola Razr Android 10 update yet. We will keep updating all the software update related details here.
If you’re facing any issues, you can ask your queries in the comments below. Till then, stay tuned for more.
Source: Verizon Wireless