Huawei Honor 5X (kiwi) users can now enjoy new custom ROM called ViperOS based on Android 9.0 Pie. The download is live and can be installed via the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. Huawei Honor 5X (kiwi) was launched in October 2015. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and later upgraded to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Follow our guide to install ViperOS on Huawei Honor 5X.
Table of Contents
What is ViperOS:
ViperOS is also known as AOSVP stands for Android Open Source Viper Project. The ROM aims to bring a clean interface, useful features, and smoothness with stability without lose performance. If you are looking for a stable ROM with truly tested features, minimal bugs, and no bloatware, then this ROM is for you.
Here you can download and install the latest AOSVP ViperOS on Huawei Honor 5X based on Android 9.0 Pie. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
- Download and Install Android 9.0 Pie update for Huawei Honor 5X
- Most Common Huawei Honor 5X problems and a guide to fix them
- Download and Install Official Lineage OS 16 on Huawei Honor 5X (Android 9.0 Pie)
- How to Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Huawei Honor 5X
- List of Best Custom ROM for Huawei Honor 5X [Updated]
Steps to install ViperOS on Huawei Honor 5X
How we can install ViperOS on Huawei Honor 5X? well, the answer is here. Don’t worry! We have both the guide to unlock bootloader and install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Honor 5X. Installation process is simple.
- Supported device: Huawei Honor 5X (kiwi)
- Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to any new custom ROM. The device should have at least 50% or more battery backup.
- Download Huawei USB Drivers. and install on your PC
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Huawei Honor 5X.
- kiwie you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Huawei Honor 5X.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the ViperOS zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the ViperOS on your Huawei Honor 5X.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy ViperOS on Huawei Honor 5X (kiwi).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ViperOS on Huawei Honor 5X successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.