LYF Water 8 (LS-5015) users can now enjoy new custom ROM called ViperOS based on Android 9.0 Pie. The download is live and can be installed via the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. LYF Water 8 (LS-5015) was came out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Follow our guide to install ViperOS on LYF Water 8.
Thanks to XDA Junior member androiabledroid for sharing this Custom ROM on XDA Forum. Also credits to ViperOS team and the maintainer.
What is ViperOS:
ViperOS is also known as AOSVP stands for Android Open Source Viper Project. The ROM aims to bring a clean interface, useful features, and smoothness with stability without lose performance. If you are looking for a stable ROM with truly tested features, minimal bugs, and no bloatware, then this ROM is for you.
Here you can download and install the latest AOSVP ViperOS on LYF Water 8 based on Android 9.0 Pie. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
Steps to install ViperOS on LYF Water 8
How we can install ViperOS on LYF Water 8? well, the answer is here. Don’t worry! We have both the guide to unlock bootloader and install TWRP Recovery on LYF Water 8. Installation process is simple.
- Supported device: LYF Water 8 (LS-5015)
- Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to any new custom ROM. The device should have at least 50% or more battery backup.
- Download LYF USB Drivers and install on your PC
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your LYF Water 8.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on LYF Water 8.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the ViperOS zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the ViperOS on your LYF Water 8.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy ViperOS on LYF Water 8 (LS-5015).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ViperOS on LYF Water 8 successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- How To Install Official Stock ROM On LYF Water 8 LS-5015 (Firmware File)
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On LYF Water 8 (LS-5015)
- Download And Install Android 8.1 Oreo on LYF Water 8
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for LYF Water 8 (Android 8.1 Oreo)