Nokia 6.1 Plus users can now enjoy new custom ROM called ViperOS based on Android 9.0 Pie. The download is live and can be installed via the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. Nokia 6.1 Plus (codenamed DRG_Sprout) was announced in August 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. The device lately upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie with OxygenOS 9.0 UI. Follow our guide to install ViperOS on Nokia 6.1 Plus.
Thanks to XDA Senior member Raghu varma for sharing this Custom ROM on XDA Forum. Also credits to ViperOS team and the maintainer.
Before starting with our ViperOS Custom ROM for Nokia 6.1 Plus, let’s get to know some of the specifications for the device. Nokia 6.1 Plus comes with a 5.8-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 by 2280 pixels. The device is powered by an octa-core processor and is coupled with 4 GB of RAM. Nokia 6.1 Plus weights only 151 grams despite its large screen size. The device got a full day battery life with 3060 mAh battery. Talking about the camera department, it has a 16-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 16-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
Table of Contents
What is ViperOS:
ViperOS is also known as AOSVP stands for Android Open Source Viper Project. The ROM aims to bring a clean interface, useful features, and smoothness with stability without lose performance. If you are looking for a stable ROM with truly tested features, minimal bugs, and no bloatware, then this ROM is for you.
Here you can download and install the latest AOSVP ViperOS on Nokia 6.1 Plus based on Android 9.0 Pie. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
Steps to install ViperOS on Nokia 6.1 Plus
How we can install ViperOS on Nokia 6.1 Plus? well, the answer is here. Don’t worry! We have both the guide to unlock bootloader and install TWRP Recovery on Nokia 6.1 Plus. Installation process is simple.
- Supported device: Nokia 6.1 Plus (DRG_Sprout)
- Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to any new custom ROM. The device should have at least 50% or more battery backup.
- Download Nokia USB Drivers and install on your PC
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Nokia 6.1 Plus.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Nokia 6.1 Plus.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the ViperOS zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the ViperOS ROM on your Nokia 6.1 Plus.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy ViperOS on Nokia 6.1 Plus (DRG_Sprout).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ViperOS on Nokia 6.1 Plus successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.