Here you can download and install the AOSVP ViperOS Oreo on Moto G4/G4 Plus (athene). The ROM is based on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo brings more exciting features and customization.
Motorola Moto G4/G4 Plus (codename: athene) launched in May 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and later upgrade to Android 7.0 Nougat. Today we have another new custom ROM based on Android 8.1 Oreo known as ViperOS. If you are looking for a new alternative to Custom ROM, then this ROM is one of the best Custom firmware to install on Moto G4/G4 Plus. Now you can download and install AOSVP ViperOS Oreo on Moto G4/G4 Plus (athene) based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
Moto G4 Plus is a single SIM smartphone launched in May 2016. The phone comes with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. It runs on 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 processor and 3 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. This device packs a 16 GB of expandable internal storage. The device brings a 16-megapixel primary camera for the rear and 5-megapixel front face camera.
What is ViperOS:
ViperOS is also known as AOSVP stands for Android Open Source Viper Project. The ROM aims to bring a clean interface, useful features, and smoothness with stability without lose performance. If you are looking for a stable ROM with truly tested features, minimal bugs, and no bloatware, then this ROM is for you.
Here you can download and install the latest AOSVP ViperOS Oreo on Moto G4/G4 Plus based on Android 8.1 Oreo. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
- Update Resurrection Remix Oreo on Moto G4 / G4 Plus with Android 8.1 Oreo
- List of Best Custom ROM for Moto G4 and G4 Plus (athene)
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Moto G4 Plus (athene) (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G4 And Moto G4 Plus
Features of ViperOS:
Statusbar * AOSVP logo * Auto brightness icon * Battery options * Brightness slider on a footer * Carrier label * Clock options * Double tap to sleep * Network traffic Lock screen * Custom lockscreen settings * Lockscreen weather Multitasking * Clear all button on recent System * Ambient Play (CypherOS) * Ambient Weather (CypherOS) * Color engine (Styles) * Double/Long tap options customization * Navbar button layout * Notification ticker * Power menu options * VoLTE icon
What is Android Oreo?
Android Oreo OS brings features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more. Here you can check the Top 10 features of Android Oreo.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
Changes and Update to Android 8.1 Oreo:
Steps to Install AOSVP ViperOS Oreo on Moto G4/G4 Plus:
To install this Custom firmware on Moto G4/G4 Plus, First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery. Download the ROM and then move the ROM zip file to the root directory on your phone.
Required ROM FILES
Download Any Of the Gapps Below
Gapps For LineageOS 15/15.1 [Also Supported any Android 8.1]
- This will work on Moto G4/G4 Plus (athene) (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Motorola USB Drivers
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step.
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Instructions to Install on Moto G4/G4 Plus:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Moto G4/G4 Plus
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Moto G4/G4 Plus. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Android 8.1 Oreo for Moto G4/G4 Plus.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you already installed SuperSU, then make sure to follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will help you to easily revert the rooting and pass SafetyNet check[/su_note]Popular Post:
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices, Features, and Release
- Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM: Supported Devices List, Downloads and Features
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSVP ViperOS Oreo on Moto G4/G4 Plus. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Credit goes to: ViperOS