Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred) users can now enjoy new custom ROM called ViperOS based on Android 9.0 Pie. The download is live and can be installed via the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred) was launched in February 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Follow our guide to install ViperOS on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Thanks to IntelliJAbhishek for sharing this Custom ROM. Also credits to ViperOS team and the maintainer.
What is ViperOS:
ViperOS is also known as AOSVP stands for Android Open Source Viper Project. The ROM aims to bring a clean interface, useful features, and smoothness with stability without lose performance. If you are looking for a stable ROM with truly tested features, minimal bugs, and no bloatware, then this ROM is for you.
Here you can download and install the latest AOSVP ViperOS on Redmi Note 5 Pro based on Android 9.0 Pie. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.Trending Topics
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
Steps to install ViperOS on Redmi Note 5 Pro
How we can install ViperOS on Redmi Note 5 Pro? well, the answer is here. Don’t worry! We have both the guide to unlock bootloader and install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro. Installation process is simple.
- Supported device: Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred)
- Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to any new custom ROM. The device should have at least 50% or more battery backup.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers and install on your PC
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the ViperOS zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the ViperOS on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy ViperOS on Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ViperOS on Redmi Note 5 Pro successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Common Redmi Note 5 pro Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro [Updated]