Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite (ugglite) users can now enjoy new custom ROM called ViperOS based on Android 9.0 Pie. The download is live and can be installed via the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. Redmi Y1 Lite (ugglite) was launched in November 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat. Follow our guide to install ViperOS on Redmi Y1 Lite.
Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite features a 5.5 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The device is powered by Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 (28 nm) processor under Adreno 308 GPU. The handset packs 16GB variant with 2GB of RAM. Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite sports a Single rear camera with 13MP camera and Single Selfie camera with 5MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 7.0 Nougat under MIUI 9.0 software package and backed by 3080 mAh battery.
Table of Contents
What is ViperOS:
ViperOS is also known as AOSVP stands for Android Open Source Viper Project. The ROM aims to bring a clean interface, useful features, and smoothness with stability without lose performance. If you are looking for a stable ROM with truly tested features, minimal bugs, and no bloatware, then this ROM is for you.
Here you can download and install the latest AOSVP ViperOS on Redmi Y1 Lite based on Android 9.0 Pie. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
Steps to install ViperOS on Redmi Y1 Lite
How we can install ViperOS on Redmi Y1 Lite? well, the answer is here. Don’t worry! We have both the guide to unlock bootloader and install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Y1 Lite. Installation process is simple.
- Supported device: Redmi Y1 Lite (ugglite)
- Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to any new custom ROM. The device should have at least 50% or more battery backup.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers and install on your PC
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Redmi Y1 Lite.
- ugglitee you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Redmi Y1 Lite.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the ViperOS zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the ViperOS on your Redmi Y1 Lite.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy ViperOS on Redmi Y1 Lite (ugglite).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ViperOS on Redmi Y1 Lite successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite based on Android 10 Q
- How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Y1 and Y1 Lite [Updated]
- How To Root Install Official TWRP Recovery For Xiaomi Redmi Y1/Y1 Lite (Magisk)