Xiaomi Mi 6X (wayne) users can now enjoy new custom ROM called ViperOS based on Android 9.0 Pie. The download is live and can be installed via the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. Xiaomi Mi 6X (wayne) was launched in April 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. Follow our guide to install ViperOS on Xiaomi Mi 6X.
The handset features a 5.99-inch LTPS IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Xiaomi Mi 6X is powered by octa-core Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 processor and clubbed with 6/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64/128GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Xiaomi Mi 6X packs a Dual 12-MP primary camera on the rear and a 20-MP front shooter for selfies. The Xiaomi Mi 6X runs Android 8.1 Oreo and is powered by a 3010mAh.
What is ViperOS:
ViperOS is also known as AOSVP stands for Android Open Source Viper Project. The ROM aims to bring a clean interface, useful features, and smoothness with stability without lose performance. If you are looking for a stable ROM with truly tested features, minimal bugs, and no bloatware, then this ROM is for you.
Here you can download and install the latest AOSVP ViperOS on Xiaomi Mi 6X based on Android 9.0 Pie. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
Steps to install ViperOS on Xiaomi Mi 6X
How we can install ViperOS on Xiaomi Mi 6X? well, the answer is here. Don’t worry! We have both the guide to unlock bootloader and install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6X. Installation process is simple.
- Supported device: Xiaomi Mi 6X (wayne)
- Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to any new custom ROM. The device should have at least 50% or more battery backup.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers and install on your PC
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Mi 6X.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6X.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the ViperOS zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the ViperOS on your Xiaomi Mi 6X.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy ViperOS on Xiaomi Mi 6X (wayne).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ViperOS on Xiaomi Mi 6X successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Download Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 6X based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Xiaomi Mi 6X
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Mi 6X (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6X
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Mi 6X [Updated]