New updates are mentioned below…
Vivo NEX 3 5G smartphone was launched in September 2019 with Android 9.0 Pie on the top of Funtouch OS 9.1 skin out-of-the-box. Even after a couple of months of Android 10 release, most of the smartphone OEMs are still trying to deliver the Android 10 update quite faster to its eligible devices. Now, the Chinese OEM Vivo seems strong enough to push Funtouch OS 10 update to its eligible devices. Having said that Vivo NEX 3 5G Android 10 update will start on March 14 according to the official forum.
However, due to the Coronavirus outbreak, most of the launch events and software development or release gets delayed. It’s also worth mentioning that Vivo has released a new roadmap for the Android 10 update to its compatible devices due to the delay. As mentioned, Vivo has clearly mentioned officially that the Funtouch OS 10 (Android 10) for the Vivo NEX 3 5G will start from March 14, 2020. Then some other device models will receive the update like Vivo X27, Vivo X27 Pro, Vivo Z5, etc.
All the interested Vivo NEX 3 5G users can apply for the Funtouch OS 10 based on the Android 10 early beta testers program which will open for March 6 to March 12 and only the first 4,000 users will be selected. However, the company is expected to open the beta recruitment program in a couple of batches in upcoming days so that more users can be a part of it. Apart from the NEX 3 5G and X-series or Z-series devices, Vivo will also release beta recruitment for the S1-series, Z3-series, X21-series models.
Whereas the Vivo X27 lineup users will start receiving the software update by March 2020 and Vivo S5 will receive the same around June 2020. Talking about the rest of the eligible Vivo devices are expected to get the Android 10 based Funtouch OS 10 update by the end of Q2 2020. To recall, the upcoming Funtouch OS 10 (Android 10) will bring improved Jovi homepage, a new voice assistant, new lock screen animations, improved calculator app with real-time exchange rate data, etc.
Check out the full changelog below which will gonna arrive with the update. Additionally, the Funtouch OS 10 also brings system-wide dark mode, smart reply, Focus mode, gesture navigation, improved privacy control, enhanced app permissions, and more.
Updated on April 16, 2020: Vivo has started pushing the Android 10 update finally to its Vivo NEX 3 5G model reportedly. It seems that the closed beta testing program went successful a month ago and the company is already pushing the new Funtouch OS 10 to NEX 3 (5G). Currently, the OTA update is waving with the March 2020 Android Security Patch Level.
It also brings improved quick settings toggle, redesigned UI, improved fonts, etc with the new software version 6.10.1 for model number V1924A.
Updated on March 13, 2020: Recently, Vivo has released its new update roadmap for the Funtouch OS 10 (Android 10). According to this plan, both the Vivo NEX 3 and NEX 3 5G models are expected to receive an Android 10 beta update on March 14 as mentioned in the title. Whereas the company has also started recruiting the early beta testers for the Vivo NEX 3 and NEX 3 5G variants.
But Vivo has started pushing the Funtouch OS 10 (Android 10) public beta update before a day for Vivo NEX 3 and Vivo NEX 3 5G model users those have registered for the beta testing. A user has shared the screenshot of the software update that bumps up a new software version PD1924_A_1.13.10 and PD1923_A_1.13.10 which is quite big in size around 3.75GB.
Vivo NEX 3 5G Android 10 Update Changelog
1. The system version is upgraded to Funtouch OS 10 & Android 10, and the bottom layer is upgraded to further improve system performance and stability.
1. The Jovi homepage has a new look. The new Jovi homepage presents all kinds of information more intuitively in front of your eyes, allowing you to live a good life every day.
2. Add a telephone secretary. When you encounter inconvenient answering, or when you encounter a call from a strange number or sales number, you can ask the telephone secretary to answer the call for you.
3. Updated driving scene functions. Jovi voice, rich shortcuts, smart unlock, call broadcast and other functions will bring you a more convenient experience in the driving environment.
4. Jovi IoT upgrade, combined with AI capabilities, can now automatically discover smart hardware in your home or office, helping you quickly connect devices, and intelligently control your smart hardware through voice and scene settings.
1. Wisdom Meng pet supports language chat, and talk to your beloved Meng pet through voice.
1. The main interface is newly revised, and the visual design is more interesting, which is more preferred by children.
2. The content is more abundant, and suitable content can be recommended for children aged 0-12 according to age stage, including dozens of categories such as popular science puzzles, artistic influences, and more than 200 videos.
1. Security inspection, comprehensive security inspection of mobile phones, to create a safe environment for your use.
2. Intelligent cleanup recommendation, according to the status of the phone, intelligently recommends easy-to-clean content for you, making data cleaning easier.
3. Screen usage time, counting your phone usage time, number of unlocks, and number of notifications received, so that you can intuitively perceive the daily usage of the machine.
1. Added a shortcut for clearing desktop corners with one click, making the desktop instantly clean.
2. Press and hold the brightness bar and volume bar to zoom in and make fine adjustments. The enlarged brightness bar and volume bar provide dark mode and automatic brightness switch. Each detail is optimized for your convenience.
1. Added double-speed playback function to increase playback speed and make recording listening more efficient.
1. Added exchange rate conversion function, online real-time exchange rate data, making it easier to understand exchange rates abroad and across borders.
1. Added the option to customize the lock screen charging effect. Choose a charging effect that you like, and your phone will bloom after you lock the screen.
2. Optimized the processing logic of some menu levels and some menu functions.
** The update content is for reference only, please refer to the update log actually displayed on the phone**
Till then, stay tuned for more info.
Source: Vivo Forum