Verizon has started rolling the latest security patch update for the month August 2017 for Verizon LG G5 VS987. The update comes with build number VS9872AA and brings the August security Patch. This update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
The update has rolled out via OTA (Over The Air) and will soon hit your Verizon LG G5 device running stock ROM without root. With this software update, the software version is bumped to VS9872AA on Verizon LG G5. The update is a minor update which comes with August security Patch update. Along with Security update, Verizon also improves Wi-Fi calling, HD voice and fixed some of the regular bugs and improves system stability and performance.
This update is an incremental update with August security Patch Update on Verizon LG G5. So we recommend updating your device safe with August security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
Now you can download the Verizon LG G5 VS9872AA KDZ Stock Firmware and install it manually using the below guide on How to Install KDZ Stock Firmware on Verizon LG G5. If you didn’t receive any OTA update on Verizon LG G5, then you can use the manual procedure on How to install VS9872AA KDZ Stock Firmware on Verizon LG G5.
Read More about Stock ROM and Custom ROM
The latest OTA VS9872AA comes with the August security Patch and update contains various enhancements, optimizations and bug fixes. Now you can enjoy the latest VS9872AA build on Verizon LG G5 in Verizon Carrier by following the below step by step guide to flash VS9872AA August security Patch on Verizon LG G5. The new update has rolled out and will soon available on your phone via OTA notification. Now you can download and install the VS9872AA update manually on your LG G5 using our guide below.
Table of Contents
Download Install VS9872AA Stock Nougat Firmware on Verizon LG G5
If you didn’t receive the official OTA on Verizon LG G5, then either you can wait for the update notification to hit your phone or you can update manually. As OTA may take a few days or a week to be available for all, you can try to update manually by Going into
Update automatically OTA for Android 7.0 Nougat VS9872AA on Verizon LG G5:
- Open Settings on Verizon LG G5.
- Go to General > About phone. (If using List view, scroll down to PHONE MANAGEMENT,’ then tap About phone.)
- Now click Update Center.
- Tap System update.
- Tap Check for update.
- If you have any update, follow the on-screen prompts to update the device.
How to Manually Flash full Stock Firmware VS9872AA on Verizon LG G5 using the below guide:
What is the Advantage of Flashing Stock Firmware :
- By Flashing Stock Firmware, you can keep the device up to date.
- Stock Firmware can unroot your device and keep it stockish.
- To Fix the Bootloop problem.
- You can upgrade and Downgrade your phone.
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone.
- Fix the lag or stutter.
- Solve the soft brick on your phone.
- To revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
- Remember: This guide is to Install Stock Firmware Manually on Verizon LG G5
- Your device must have 70% battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data).
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
What Do You Need ?
Hope you installed Stock Firmware on Verizon LG G5 and have completed the steps above successfully. If you have any queries please leave a comment below. Thank you.!