Today Verizon has started seeding the first OTA update on Verizon LG G6 VS988. The update bumps the software version to VS98811A. The new update VS98811A comes with March Security Patch update and optimizes device performance and stability. The new OTA update for Verizon LG G6 which we can assume some major improvements or fixes along with March Security Patch.
This update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat and If you still waiting for Android Nougat update, then you can flash any stable official Custom ROM based on Nougat on LG G6.
Install VS98811A Nougat OTA Update On Verizon LG G6 (VS988)
As we speak, Verizon has started rolling the update for all LG G6 users. If you have LG G6 with Verizon Carrier, then anytime soon you will receive the notification of update with latest VS98811A March Security Patch OTA Update on Verizon LG G6. We always recommend to keep the device up to date with Security release. So make sure to update to keep your device safe as the March Security update has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
The update comes officially from Verizon to LG G6 in the form of OTA (over the air) which is rolling out via phase wise manner. If you still have not received the update then head to the below guide on How to update VS98811A for Verizon LG G6.
If you have the update notification on your phone, then please make sure you are running Stock Firmware without Root or mods installed.
In case if you didn’t receive the update notification, then follow the simple step below to see if you have received the update Verizon LG G6 with VS98811A Nougat firmware.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to March Security Patch on Nougat on Verizon LG G6. To update you must have a proper working WiFi connection on your phone and also make sure to charge your phone to atleast 60% before updating the OTA update on Verizon LG G6.
ALSO RELATED POST :
- How To Install Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 On Verizon LG G6 VS988
- Install Resurrection Remix OS For Verizon LG G6 (Android Nougat)
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
Update automatically OTA for Android 7.0 Nougat v11a on LG G6 :
- Open Settings on LG G6.
- Go to General > About phone. (If using List view, scroll down to PHONE MANAGEMENT,’ then tap About phone.)
- Now click Update Center.
- Tap System update.
- Tap Check for update.
- If you have any update, follow the on screen prompts to update the device.
How to Manually Flash full Stock Firmware v11a on Verizon LG G6 using the below guide :
What is the Advantage of Flashing Stock Firmware :
- By Flashing Stock Firmware, you can keep the device up to date.
- Stock Firmware can unroot your device and keep it stockish.
- To Fix the Bootloop problem.
- You can upgrade and Downgrade your phone.
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone.
- Fix the lag or stutter.
- Solve the soft brick on your phone.
- To revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
- Remember : This guide is to Install Stock Firmware Manually on LG G6 VS988
- Your device must have 70% Of battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data).
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
What Do You Need ?
Steps to Install Stock Firmware VS988 11a on LG G6 manually using the below guide
- First of all, Download all the files like KDZ Firmware, LG Drivers and also LG UP latest version.
- Install LG UP exe file on your computer.
- Now make sure to install the drivers if you are phone does not detect in your PC/Laptop.
- Now Turn your phone off and then Hold the Volume UP key for few seconds.
- While holding Volume Up key connect your phone to PC using USB Cable (Don’t leave volume key while connecting)
- Release the Volume UP key as soon as the phone goes into Download Mode.
- Open LG UP software on your PC and Select Upgrade
- Now in the Select Path, Select your KDZ file from your downloaded folder.
- Once it is loaded, Click the start button down below and wait for the installation to complete.
- Once it is completed, your phone will reboot automatically. Booting may take time. So wait patiently to complete the first booting process.
- Well, That’s it! Enjoy the latest VS988 11a KDZ on LG G6.
Hope you installed Stock Firmware on LG G6 and have completed the steps above successfully. If you have any querries please leave a comment below. Thank you.!