Finally, Verizon started rolling the latest security patch update for the month July for Verizon LG G6 VS988. The update comes with build number VS98812B and brings the July Security Patch update along with regular bug fixes and improvements. This update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat and doesn’t bring any major changes to the version.
The update has rolled out via OTA and will soon hit your Verizon LG G6 device running stock ROM without root. With this software update, the software version as bumped to VS98812B on Verizon LG G6. The update is a minor update which comes with latest July Security Patch update. Along with Security update, Verizon also fixed some of the regular bugs and improves system stability and performance.
This update is an incremental update with latest July Security Patch Update on Verizon LG G6. So we recommend updating your device safe with July Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
Now you can download the Verizon LG G6 VS98812B KDZ Stock Firmware and install it manually using the below guide on How to Install KDZ Stock Firmware on Verizon LG G6. If you didn’t receive any OTA update on Verizon LG G6, then you can use the manual procedure on How to install VS98812B KDZ Stock Firmware on Verizon LG G6.
Read More about Stock ROM and Custom ROM
The latest OTA VS98812B comes with the latest July Security Patch and update contains various enhancements, optimizations and bug fixes. The update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat and not the 7.1 Nougat. Now you can enjoy the latest VS98812B build on Verizon LG G6 in Verizon Carrier by following the below step by step guide to flash VS98812B July Security Patch on Verizon LG G6. The new update has rolled out and will soon available on your phone via OTA notification. Now you can download and install the VS98812B update manually on your LG G6 using our guide below.
Table of Contents
Download Install VS98812B Stock Nougat Firmware on Verizon LG G6
If you didn’t receive the official OTA on Verizon LG G6, then either you can wait for the update notification to hit your phone or you can update manually. As OTA may take a few days or a week to be available for all, you can try to update manually by Going into
Update automatically OTA for Android 7.0 Nougat VS98812B on Verizon LG G6:
- Open Settings on Verizon LG G6.
- Go to General > About phone. (If using List view, scroll down to PHONE MANAGEMENT,’ then tap About phone.)
- Now click Update Center.
- Tap System update.
- Tap Check for update.
- If you have any update, follow the on screen prompts to update the device.
How to Manually Flash full Stock Firmware VS98812B on Verizon LG G6 using the below guide:
What is the Advantage of Flashing Stock Firmware :
- By Flashing Stock Firmware, you can keep the device up to date.
- Stock Firmware can unroot your device and keep it stockish.
- To Fix the Bootloop problem.
- You can upgrade and Downgrade your phone.
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone.
- Fix the lag or stutter.
- Solve the soft brick on your phone.
- To revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
- Remember: This guide is to Install Stock Firmware Manually on Verizon LG G6
- Your device must have 70% battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data).
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
What Do You Need ?
ALSO RELATED POST
- Download and Install Fulmics ROM 1.0 for LG G6
- Install US99713a June Security Patch Update On US Unlocked LG G6 (US997)
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For LG G6
- How To Install Lineage OS 14.1 On T-Mobile LG G6 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat) – Unstable
Hope you installed Stock Firmware on Verizon LG G6 and have completed the steps above successfully. If you have any queries please leave a comment below. Thank you.!