Verizon started seeding a new firmware update which bumps the security patch level for the LG G6 to November 2018 based on Android 8.0 Oreo. The update brings the build number on this device to VS98820e which carries almost 260MB in size, and it depends on the version you are running officially on your Verizon LG G6. There is no confirmation by Verizon regarding the Android 9.0 Pie update.
As per the Verizon, the update is currently rolling via OTA (Over The Air) and will soon hit your Verizon LG G6 device running stock ROM without root. With this software update, there are no major changes except the November 2018 Security Patch. Though there are no changes, we still recommend you to upgrade your Verizon LG G6 to November 2018 Patch which can save your data from vulnerabilities.
This update is an incremental update for Verizon LG G6. So we recommend updating your device safe with the latest security patch which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
If you have not received this update on your device, then you can follow our guide to manually install the update. As OTA may take a few days or a week to be available for all, you can try to update manually by Going into
Instructions to Upgrade VS98820e Build on Verizon LG G6
- Open Settings on Verizon LG G6.
- Go to General > About phone. (If using List view, scroll down to PHONE MANAGEMENT,’ then tap About phone.)
- Now click Update Center.
- Tap System update.
- Tap Check for update.
- If you have any update, follow the on-screen prompts to update the device.
- Supported device: Verizon LG G6 (LG-VS988)
- Release date: 11/30/2018
- Android version: 8.0
- Security patch level (SPL): November 1, 2018
- Software Version: VS98820e
- Build Number: OPM1.171019.026