A lot of videos saved on the hard drive? If they take up space, instead of deleting them, you can move them to another support, such as a DVD, or even create and burn a personalized DVD. To do both things is why you should know Wondershare DVD Creator, a complete software to create and burn DVD that brings extra utilities.
There are programs for almost all kinds of tasks and Wondershare DVD Creator is one of them. Its specialty is to provide the user with a multitude of tools and options for recording videos on DVD, although it also offers the possibility of editing various aspects of the videos to create and burn a project with a personalized navigation menu on DVD.
The possibilities of Wondershare DVD Creator not only remain there because, although they are its two main features, it offers other very interesting extra utilities that the user could need at any time so that it will not be necessary to install more tools.
One of its great benefits is the very high compatibility of supported formats, up to 150, both input and output. From the creation of your custom project with videos and images of the diversity of formats, you can burn it to DVD, Blu-ray and even save it in other formats.
Add the content and start your project
Just run Wondershare DVD Creator, you will find a very simple interface with three options with very clear actions. The user has the possibility to ” create a DVD video disc “, ” create a Blu-ray disc ” or ” a click to burn DVD “.
The last option, “one click to burn DVD” is the quickest and easiest task of the three because it is limited to offering in a single click the possibility of recording videos and photos previously added to a DVD. Just add, insert the blank DVD into your computer’s DVD player and record in just one click.
Here you can burn to a DVD disc or also export the project in an ISO image, although you can also save it as a “DVD folder”. In all cases, the available options that you can adjust are the same.
These are the label of the disc, the reader that will record, the TV format (PAL or NTSC), the disc playback mode and the address of the project folder if you want to record it later on the DVD. Any questions? Next, to each one there is an information icon that gives you more information about what these parameters are going to change.
The options “create a DVD video disc” and “create a Blu-ray disc” are the most complete. With them, you can create your movie with a personalized menu and burn it to DVD, Blu-ray or other possibilities, all from the videos and photos that you have added.
Have you already decided the photos and videos with which you are going to create your DVD and burn it with Wondershare DVD Creator? Although you should not have problems to add this content because this software supports 150 formats, your videos and images must have any of these:
- Videos: AVI, 3GP, MP4, FLV, TOD, MTS, M2TS, MOV, WMV, RM, MPG, MPEG, EVO, TP, TS, VOB, 3G2, ASF, RMVB, DPG, DAT, DV, H.264, F4V, DVR-MS, MKV, MOD, AP3, CUE, WEBM.
- Photos or images: PNG, BMP, JPG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, TIF, WMF, EMF, ICO, HEIC.
Now that you are clear about the formats with which Wondershare DVD Creator works, you just have to click on “create a DVD video disc” or “create a Blu-ray disc”, the one that best suits your needs.
Upon entering, you will see a box with the description ” add photos or videos “, the option by which you will have to add Wondershare DVD Creator that content.
By right-clicking, you can change the default title, move the order in which they were added, the properties (duration of the video, the resolution, the size, the creation date, etc.) in a very detailed way. to delete it or even edit each video or image.
Quick and comfortable editing options
Regarding the latter, you can comfortably modify some parameters quickly with respect to the image or video by simply clicking on the “edit” option. If it is a video clip, the options to edit are the following and are divided into 5 tabs :
- Cut: in this section, you can cut the video at will very easily, just by dragging the selection area of the top left preview, the result you will see on the right. Here you can also choose the “approach” to choose 16: 9, 4: 3 and more or the size of the area of the cut, with two numbering in pixels that you can increase or decrease.
- Cut: in this second tab also called “cut” there is a simpler option than all the previous ones, the possibility that you can set the start and end time of the video so that you can choose the interval that interests you.
- Enhance: here you can level the brightness, saturation, contrast and volume of the video. You can add if you want an effect (grey, negative, relief or old movie) and be deinterlacing between 4 different options.
If you make a mistake with one, there is no problem because Wondershare DVD Creator offers a very useful button called “reboot” that leaves the parameters that it had by default before you had done anything.
And more things, the options that you touch in “highlight” can be executed in all the videos of your project just by checking the “apply all videos” box, which will save you a lot of time.
- Watermark: add a watermark with an image or if you prefer a text with the format you want (font, with or without bold, with or without underline, etc.). Whichever you choose you can make more or less transparent with the “transparent” control that you can move from one side to another or add the exact figure.
The same applies to the vertical and horizontal space, in addition to being able to choose the size you want the watermark to have. Like the “enhance” section, the changes made here can also be completed in the other videos.
- Subtitle: you can add subtitles to your videos if you see it necessary by checking the box “enable the subtitles complement”, although this means that you must already have a subtitle file already saved on your computer ready to upload. If you have it, you can add your own style with the format options available (font, text color, size, etc.).
What is the best thing about this little video editor? They are quick and easy to adjust, they are all practically in the same place and from which you can also see what they do in the preview of the video at the top.
Do you want to edit an image in this process of adding Wondershare DVD Creator photos and videos? Just by right clicking and clicking on “edit” these possibilities appear:
- “Effect” tab: adds a fun effect to the image among the 18 available, among which are invert, cool, glow, retro, cinnamon and more. Also, you can level the brightness, contrast and even saturation, being able to apply the new settings to all the photos as well.
- “Transition” tab: here you can change the duration of the photo display and the transition if you had activated it among the options available in the list.
- Tab “text: you can add a description to the photo this section with the colour, font type, format and size you want.
- Music: if you want your picture to have a background music you can choose one of the three available or your computer, as well as activate a fade in and out and choose the time when the cut is made.
Have you already added the videos and images to burn the DVD with its corresponding edited settings? It only remains now that you select only two interesting details and that Wondershare DVD Creator places below, the DVD (4.7 GB or 8.5 GB) and the quality of your project (high quality, standard and adjusted to disk).
By clicking on the “Menu” tab you can add the personalized menu to the beginning of the DVD, the one that will appear when you enter the DVD or Blu-ray in your reader so that you can browse through it to watch the videos of the media.
It is just a matter of trying different existing covers, there are many to choose from, and that you can see in the preview. Here you can also edit the background of the menu template that appears, the background music and even adds text.
The penultimate step is the “preview” tab where the user will be able to take a quick look at their project, which will be recorded on DVD or another format. If you are not satisfied with what you see, there is no problem in going back and editing what is necessary, a very interesting possibility offered by Wondershare DVD Creator.
There is only the “record” tab, which is the essence of Wondershare DVD Creator, the one to create a DVD or Blu-ray, save as ISO or as a DVD folder our previously edited and personalized videos and photos. There, the user will only have to write the name of his disk and fill in some more options to start recording immediately.
In summary, to create a DVD or Blu-ray on Wondershare DVD Creator you just have to follow the tabs at the top, “Source”, “Menu”, “Preview” and “Record”, which give you all the tools necessary to create your final project, all very easily and through an intuitive interface.
One more surprise, the Toolbox
Wondershare DVD Creator hides a further surprise, since not only does it limit to offer the possibility of creating a DVD or Blu-ray video disc from our content, but it also provides a series of very interesting and useful tools, the ” Toolbox”.
On the screen at the beginning, where the three main options appear in the form of cards, there is a little-hidden option called ” more DVD tools “, which by pressing it will give you access to 7 quick utilities that could be useful. These are:
- Video editor: as its name suggests, with this editor you can edit certain parameters of your videos before adding them to the project. Through 5 different tabs, those of “trim”, “adjust”, “effect”, “watermark” and “subtitle” you can adjust different settings, always seeing in the video the change made before finalizing the edition.
- A sequence of photos: here you can create as a small video with several photographs, as a sequence. You can also edit several aspects of these, such as adding effects and modifying saturation, brightness and contrast, as well as placing a transition, text or background music. They are the same options that we told above.
- One click to burn a DVD or Blu-ray disc: we have already talked about these options, they are quick actions where the user adds the content of video and images and records directly to DVD or Blu-ray without any further complication.
- DVD to DVD: all it does is make a DVD copy. You just have to choose the origin, the destination disk where you want to “copy” it and make the copy.
- DVD to Video: this option, which opens a utility called “DVD Ripper”, aims to pass your DVD, ISO file, IFO to any available video format, in addition to being able to edit it before converting it to the new format.
- Blu-ray Disc to Video: it is the same as the previous option, but with Blu-ray discs.
In order to use these Wondershare DVD Creator tools, you must have the premium or paid version, although you have a free trial of Wondershare DVD Creator with which you can execute all the options mentioned above, available for Mac as for Windows.
How to Use? Well Simple!
Step 1: Simplely drag and drop videos or photos to the DVD Creator.
Step 2: Customize your DVD menu templates by needs.
Step 3: Preview and Burn videos or photos to DVD.
As you can see, the possibilities of Wondershare DVD Creator are endless as it not only limits itself to creating and recording DVDs or Blu-ray, but it also offers a variety of very useful tools for the user beyond its main functions.
We have a very complete and powerful software, with many options for users and very easy to use thanks to its convenient interface, which leaves all parameters within reach of the user to avoid getting lost in endless menus.