It’s always a matter of excitement when the first software update arrives for the newly released device. Usually, the maiden update fixes up some shortcomings or adds up some features. It is more like users use the device and report to the OEM about what may be amiss and if there is a need for some patch up. Speaking of which, the all-new ASUS Zenfone 5 is receiving the first software update since its release two months ago. The latest update is rolling over the air in batches, so all the devices may not get it at one time. It moves the software build number of the device to WW-15.0615.1803.6.
The WW-15.0615.1803.60 software update adds some important new functions while optimizing existing features. The dual camera is now laced with bokeh effect function. The latest update brings optimization for the stock camera and face unlock feature.
You can grab this debut update for Zenfone 5 via capturing the airborne software. Your device will itself capture and prompt you to install it. In case the update does not arrive, you can yourself check for it. Just follow this drill. Please go to Settings > About > System update > tap on Check for update. The device will manually scan for the software WW-15.0615.1803.60. When you see the prompt to download it, make sure you have enough battery charge to support the update/install process. Also, it is always a good practice to hang on to a good Wi-Fi network while downloading the update to avoid getting charged for carrier data.
We will also put up the OTA firmware as and when it becomes available. We have put up the guide for software installation manually. You can check that out and use it to flash the OTA firmware when we drop it.
Changelog: WW-15.0615.1803.60 Software Update for Zenfone 5
Here is the changelog in a nutshell.
- Adds dual camera bokeh function
- Brings AI related function for the phone
- Camera performance improvement
- Face Unlock performance improvement
Download Latest ZE620KL WW-15.0615.1803.60 Update [OTA Firmware]Download Version V15.0615.1803.60
You May like,
- How To Force OTA Updates Installation on Any Android device
- Common ASUS Zenfone 5 Problems and Solutions
How To Manually Install WW-15.0615.1803.60 Software Update on ASUS Zenfone 5
There are two ways that usually every device follows while flashing any software update. Either you follow the local upgrade by recovery method or you can always use the ADB sideload method. We will discuss both in brief and see the exact steps one has to follow.
Before proceeding you have to follow a few points and grab some tools you will need while you follow either of the flashing methods.
- The OTA firmware is exclusively meant for ASUS Zenfone 5. Don’t use it on other ASUS phones.
- Charge your device fully before performing any update manually.
- Install ASUS USB Drivers on your phone.
- Take a complete backup of your device data before updating.
- If you follow ADB sideload method, then you need to have ADB and Fastboot Tools on your PC.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking or damage to your device while/after installing this update. You are performing the update at your own risk.
Local Upgrade to Latest Software Via recovery
- First, grab the firmware from the above download section and move it to your device storage.
- Now we need to enter the device into the recovery mode.
- To do so, Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up
- Now in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Now Choose update.zip OTA firmware file which you downloaded.
- Wait for sometime as the installation process completes.
- Now reboot your phone to complete the process. That’s it.
Alternatively, you can also flash the latest software update on Zenfone 5 via ADB Sideload method. Follow the link to know more.
So, that’s it. If you’ve been waiting for official updates for your latest Zenfone 5 then wait no more. Catch the OTA, install and enjoy.