ASUS Zenfone 5 Lite is receiving the November 2019 security patch with build number WW-16.0610.1911.89. The Zenfone 5Q is also receiving the same update. This update also brings improvements for the notification sound quality.
Though the latest security patch is rolling over-the-air, to the Zenfone 5 Lite/5Q users who want instant step-up to the November security patch, they can download and install the WW-16.0610.1911.89 firmware manually. We have put up the firmware zip file as well as the installation methods which you can follow.
In case you have missed out on the automatic OTA update, you can always search for the same manually on your device. To do it Go to Settings app > system Update > tap on Check for Updates. The device will check for the latest update. You will be notified of it if the update is available in your region.
You can use Wi-Fi to download the update. Also, remember to charge the battery of your device well enough before performing the update. A low battery is not ideal for software update installation.
- Device Name: ASUS ZenFone 5 Lite/Zenfone 5Q
- Model: ZC600KL
- Software Version: WW-16.0610.1911.89
- Security Patch Level: 01.11.2019
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
How to Install WW-16.0610.1911.89 November Patch on Asus ZenFone 5 Lite
Manual installation of the firmware can be done using the upgrade via Recovery or by ADB sideloading the OTA zip. We have explained both of the processes in detail. Before proceeding you have to follow a few points and grab some tools you will need while you follow either of the flashing methods.
- The WW-16.0610.1911.89 firmware zip file provided here is exclusively for the ASUS Zenfone 5 Lite and ASUS Zenfone 5Q. Do not use it on any other ASUS device.
- Charge your device to 50% or more.
- Your device must be running on Stock ROM (if you want to upgrade via recovery)
- Before upgrading, take a complete backup of your data.
- Download ASUS USB Drivers on your PC.
- For the sideloading method, you must download ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC
Method 1: Upgrade via Recovery
- Download the WW-16.0610.1911.89 firmware and move it to your device storage.
- Now we need to enter the device into the recovery mode.
- To do so, Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up
- Now in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Now Choose the update.zip OTA firmware file which you downloaded.
- Wait as the installation process finishes.
- Now reboot your phone to complete the process. That’s it.
Method 2: ADB Sideloading the OTA
Here is the guide which will help you perform the ADB sideloading.How to ADB sideload an OTA zip and update the device software
So, there you go. Instead of waiting for the update roll on tis own, download the WW-16.0610.1911.89 firmware and flash it now to upgrade your Zenfone 5 Lite and Zenfone 5Q to the November 2019 patch.