Today Asus started rolling a new firmware for Asus ZenFone 3 Deluxe 5.5 which bumps the software version to WW-220.127.116.11. This update brings the latest Google Security patch and fixes VPN Setting Crash issue and improves the GPS Power consumption and System stability. Now you can download and install this firmware on Asus ZenFone 3 Deluxe 5.5 using the below guide.
ASUS ZenFone 3 Deluxe 5.5 (ZS550KL) features a 5.5 -inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Asus ZenFone 3 Deluxe 5.5 comes with 23 MP rear camera and 8MP front shooting camera. The device came out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and later upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat. The handset is backed by Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery. It also has a Fingerprint sensor on the rear.
The update is rolling over the air and will soon reach every user around the globe. It is seeding in batches, so all the devices will not receive the update at one time. It may take a few days. Your phone will itself capture the OTA and you will be prompted to install it. If the OTA delays in rolling in, You may yourself check for the update. To do it, go to Settings –> About –> System update and tap on Check update.
If you still not received the OTA update, then you can manually flash the build number WW-18.104.22.168 on Asus ZenFone 3 Deluxe 5.5. Here is the complete guide on how to upgrade your device to a new software version.
[su_note note_color=”#fefce9″ text_color=”#000000″]
1. Security patch update
2. fix VPN setting crash issue
3. Improve GPS Power comsumption
4. System stability improve
Download WW-22.214.171.124 Firmware File
Steps to Upgrade your Asus ZenFone 3 Deluxe 5.5 Manually
Either you can use the upgrade by recovery method or the ADB sideload method. We will discuss both in brief and learn the process step-by-step.
Before proceeding you have to follow a few points and grab some tools you will need while you follow either of the flashing methods.
- Supported for Asus ZenFone 3 Deluxe 5.5 (ZS550KL)
- Charge your device to 50% or more.
- Your device must be running on Stock ROM (for method 1)
- Download ASUS USB Drivers on your PC.
- Before upgrading, take a complete backup of your data.
- For the Second method, you must download ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC [Download ADB SDK Tool]
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking or damage to your device while/after installing this update. You are performing the update at your own risk.
Method 1: Upgrade via Recovery:
- Download the firmware V126.96.36.199 from above download section and move it to your device storage.
- Now we need to enter the device into the recovery mode.
- To do so, Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up
- Now in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Now Choose update.zip OTA firmware file which you downloaded.
- Wait for sometime as the installation process completes.
- Now reboot your phone to complete the process. That’s it.
Method 2: Upgrade via ADB Sideload:
If you are running Custom ROM and want to install this firmware, then you can simply upgrade your device by following this method. Follow the link to know the step-by-step process.
I hope this guide was useful to upgrade your device to version WW-188.8.131.52.