A new software update is now rolling into the ASUS Zenfone 5z which brings the May 2019 security patch update and device improvements. Speaking of device enhancement the phone’s sound quality will be improved after installing this update. It also optimizes overall system performance. The latest update carries the build number WW-188.8.131.52.
This new update for ASUS Zenfone 5z is rolling over-the-air globally & it should be finding its way into the devices automatically. However, to make things more comfortable for you we have put up the firmware file that packs the latest WW-184.108.40.206 update. So, you can manually download and install the update on your phone. For the installation purpose, we have also put up an installation guide. So, check that out.
Table of Contents
How to Download Over-The-Air Update..?
The OTA (over the air) generally rolls into the device automatically but often due to the geographical region or carrier rolls out in phases. The update may be available in some parts of a region, but you may not receive it for many days. So, the ideal way is to search for the new software manually. To do it,
- Go to your phone Settings > General > About phone > Update Center.
- Then tap on System update> Check for update.
- If the WW-220.127.116.11 update shows as available, then tap on Download.
The software update may be of big file size. So, we suggest that you connect to a Wi-Fi network to download the update. It will save your carrier data charges. Your Asus ZenFone 5Z must have at least 50% or more battery charge before installing the new software update.
Details of the Latest Firmware for Zenfone 5z
- Device Name: Asus ZenFone 5Z
- Model: ZS621KL
- Baseband Version: WW-18.104.22.168
- Security Patch Level: 2019-05-01
- Android OS: 8.1 Oreo
- Region: Global
1.Update Google security patch to 2019-05
2.Improve sound quality
3. Update and optimize System
Download WW-22.214.171.124 Firmware
Here is the firmware download link for the latest update which is rolling into the ASUS Zenfone 5z.
How To Install Software Update Manually on ASUS Zenfone 5z
Usually, we have two ways by which we will install the latest stock firmware on the ASUS Zenfone 5z. These include installation by flashing update from the recovery and the second is by ADB sideloading method. However, before going into the details of the installation you need to follow up with some guidelines we have mentioned below.
- This firmware and this guide are exclusively for ASUS Zenfone 5z. Don’t use it on any other devices.
- Download ASUS USB Drivers on your PC.
- you have to download ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC
- Charge your device to 50% or more.
- Your device must be running on Stock ROM (for install by recovery method)
- Before installing new update take a complete backup of your data.
Let’s check out the two installation methods.
Upgrade by Recovery
- Download the firmware WW-126.96.36.199 and move it to your device storage.
- Now we need to enter the device into the recovery mode.
- To do so, Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up
- Now in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Now Choose update.zip OTA firmware file which you downloaded.
- Wait for some time as the installation process completes.
- Now reboot your phone to complete the process.
ADB Sideloading Method
In case your device is running on custom ROM, then you can follow the ADB sideload method to install the update on your Zenfone 5z. Below is the guide, check it out.How to Install Stock ROM on ASUS Zenfone 5z
So, that’s it, guys. Install the update to step up your device to May 2019 security patch. We hope that this post was useful to you.