As we are slowing moving towards a new era of Android P, the remnant flagships from various OEMs that were scheduled for Android Oreo are now receiving it. Among these devices is the ASUS Zenfone 3 Deluxe. Yes, Android oreo Update is now rolling for Zenfone 3 Deluxe (ZS550KL) variants. It moves the device build number to WW_V184.108.40.206. A lot of interesting and user-friendly changes have been introduced along with the Android OS level update. A lot of third party Apps have been removed. Other Apps like Mini Movie, PhotoCollage have been taken down too. Users can now find FM Radio in the quick settings. You can refer to the changelog for more insight on new features and changes.
Your device will automatically capture the OTA as it rolls. It may take around a week to roll into all the devices around the globe. You can also manually check for and get hold of the airborne software update WW_V220.127.116.11.
Go to device Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Check for Updates. Check for the WW_V18.104.22.168 firmware if it is seeding. Download and install the Zenfone 3 Deluxe Android Oreo Update following the on-screen instructions. Make sure you are using a Wi-Fi network to download updates of large file size.
Let’s know more about Android 8.0 Oreo. Android Oreo is the 8th version of Android OS. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, App shortcuts, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
ASUS Zenfone 3 Deluxe is a dual SIM smartphone launched in October 2016. The phone comes with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. It runs on Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 and 4 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. This device packs a 64 GB of expandable internal storage. Zenfone 3 Deluxe brings a 16-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
Changelog: Zenfone 3 Deluxe WW_V22.214.171.124 Oreo Update
Here is the entire official changelog of the latest Android Oreo Update for Zenfone 3 Deluxe.
- Android Oreo system upgrade.
- Removes third party Apps like TripAdvisor, Puffin Browser, and Kindle.
- Also removes Do It Later, Mini Movie, Quick Memo, PhotoCollage.
- Moves FM Radio function to the quick setting.
- Access All Apps menu by performing the swiping up gesture
Download Zenfone 3 Deluxe Oreo Update Firmware [WW_V126.96.36.199]
In case you missed out on the airborne OTA, you can manually download the firmware. Here is the official link to download the Oreo firmware for Zenfone 3 Deluxe (ZS550KL).Download Android Oreo Firmware V188.8.131.52 for ASUS Zenfone 3 Deluxe [Zip File]
How To Manually Install Zenfone 3 Deluxe Android Oreo Update [WW_V184.108.40.206 ]
Before moving on to the steps to flash the latest firmware, you have to follow these,
- Back up your device before following the installation guide. (For a Rooted device, Check this guide.)
- Download the latest Asus USB Drivers for your PC
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update. Please do it at your own risk.
- For 2nd Method Download the ADB and Fastboot tools.
- This Firmware WW_V220.127.116.11 is supported only on ZenFone 3 Deluxe (ZS550KL).
Steps of Installation
There are basically two methods to install the Oreo update on ASUS Zenfone 3 Deluxe.
- First of all Download the zip file from above link and rename the file to update.zip.
- Now Switch Off your device and reboot into recovery mode by pressing Power button +Volume UP button.
- In recovery mode select apply update from sd card.
- Now Choose update.zip file which you downloaded.
- Wait until installation process completes.
- Once the installation process is completed and You can Reboot your ZenFone 3 Deluxe.
- That’s it. You have now upgraded your Zenfone 3 Deluxe to Android Oreo.
- First of all Download the ADB and Fastboot drivers for Windows and Mac and extract it
- Now move the downloaded OTA zip file to ADB Folder
- Enable USB Debugging
- To Enable USB Debugging, First of all, You need to activate Developer Option on your smartphone.
- To activate, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled”.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- In your PC/Laptop, Open the extracted ADB Folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Reboot your phone to recovery by pressing Volume UP + Power button.
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable.
- Now enter the following command in the command window that you open.adb devices
- This command will show the device connection is proper or not. If it doesn’t show, then please check the drivers are installed properly or if the attached cable is damaged.
- If your device is in the list, then please type the below command in your command window.adb sideload filename.zip
- Wait until installation process completes.
- Finally, to finish the process reboot your ASUS ZenFone 3 Deluxe.
So, that’s it. Download and install the WW_V18.104.22.168 Zenfone 3 Deluxe Android Oreo update and enjoy.
Follow GetDroidTips to get all the latest Android Oreo firmware updates for various ASUS smartphones.