If you are the owner of LG K30 smartphone on MetroPCS, then this piece of news might excite you as now, MetroPCS LG K30 receives October 2019 patch with version X410MK20N. Moreover, the update is purely incremental in nature and does not bring in anything new features for the device. The weight of the update is not known though it would be nominal as it is just a maintenance update. This new update is being pushed via OTA in batches and will arrive on all of the LG K30 devices pretty soon.
People have become aware of the importance of security updates and OEMs are also trying their best to provide the latest security patches for their devices. Talking about security updates, the October 2019 patch fixes a lot of severe vulnerabilities of the Android devices which you can read in detail on Android Security Bulletin.
Check Software Update:
It is recommended that you upgrade to this latest security update as it brings fixes for many issues on the Android device. If you have not yet received the notification on your device then, you can head to Settings > Update Center > Software update for manually checking for it. If there is a new notification of the update then, you can tap on it to install.
Below are the details of the updates received on the LG K30 along with the official changelog and the screenshots of the same:
- Release Date: 10/29/2019
- Software Version: X410MK20N
- Android Security Patch Level: October 2019
- Android security patch level October 2019
Steps to Install October 2019 Software Update on LG K30 Manually
We will follow the flash tool guide to install or update the LG stock firmware on MetroPCS LG K30 device. We have provided the full guide below. Check it out. Before going to the installation process, let’s take a look at the requirements as well.
- The ROM is only supported for MetroPCS LG K30 model. Don’t use it with other devices.
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and USB cable to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- Download and Install Latest LG USB Drivers on your computer.
- LG Bridge software – Download and install it on your PC.
- Download LG FlashTool and LG UP on your PC and install it.
Here is the download link for the new October 2019 security patch update based stock firmware for the MetroPCS LG K30 (LMX410MK). Then follow the full installation guide.
X410MK20N Firmware link [X410MK20n_00_MPCS_US_OP_1016.kdz]
Installation Guide for Firmware
After downloading the firmware file, you need to use LG Flash Tool to flash it on your device. Here is a detailed guide that you can follow to install the firmware on your device.Guide to Install LG KDZ Firmware on any LG Devices
We hope this guide will be helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed or updated the Stock Firmware version X410MK20N on your LG K30 device. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.