Xiaomi is rolling out Android 10 for Mi 8 Lite[codename: platina]. In this guide, we will tell you how to Install the Official Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite Android 10 Update. The Android 10 update we are talking about is the Chinese beta variant ROM that comes with version 9.12.4. It is based on MIUI 11. This means the users will also enjoy the all-new features of the MIUI 11.
We have put up the Recovery ROM zip file as well as the various installation guides which you can apply to perform the Android 10 installation on your Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite. Also, as you may know, the Chinese ROMs do not support Google apps, so we have separately put up the important Google apps & services for you. We have included installation guides that you can use to install the Google Apps as well on your OS.
What are the new features of Android 10?
Android 10 comes with improved gesture navigation, new dark mode, smart reply for messages, spam filter in the message by keyword, the live caption for media on-the-go, App Controls, Location Access Control for the user, etc. There are also other helpful features such as the Focus Mode, Family link and improved software updates.
What’s on new MIUI 11 and it’s features
Let’s take a look at some features offered by the latest MIUI 11.
- dynamic font scaling,
- dark mode,
- nature sounds,
- Always-on Display,
- new system UI,
- status bar,
- Custom font Milan Pro
- Mi-Go smart travel assistant app
- Mi Work cross-platform file sharing app.
- smart screencast,
- wireless printing,
- screen time management,
- Doc Viewer,
- new reminder,
- early earthquake warning system,
- SOS alert
Steps to install Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite Android 10
Before heading to the installation process, you have to keep some guidelines in mind. Remember to grab the correct firmware intended for your device along with the exclusive flash tool and other USB drivers.
- The Firmware file and guide are exclusively for Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite. The firmware is the Chinese beta version. Do not use it on any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 60% at least to skip the occasional shutdown during the installation process.
- Backup your device data (No Root) at first before doing anything.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB Cable as well in order to connect your device to the PC. (For 2nd method)
- Install Mi Flash Tool for flashing via Fastboot mode – Click here to download.
- Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC and install it properly. (For 2nd method)
- ADB and Fastboot Drivers – Download and Install it on your computer [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]. (For 2nd method)
- Download the latest GApps file:
Download Required Files
Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite Android 10 | Download [9.12.4 China Beta ROM]
Instructions to install
Method 01: Update Via System Updater Tool
- Go to the device Settings > About phone > System updates.
- You can also access the system update from the device home screen > Tools > Updater.
- Next, tap on the three-dot icon menu from the top right corner.
- Tap on the Choose update package.
- Browse and select the firmware update zip file from the device storage location.
- Now, the system will automatically verify the update package and install it. Then follow the on-screen instructions (if any). Make sure to backup important data at first.
- Your device will reboot automatically. Enjoy!
Method 02: Flash Manually Via Recovery/FastbootHow to install Android 10 Update on Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite
How to Install Google Play Store or any G-Apps
In the Chinese versions of Android devices, you do not get pre-installed Google Apps (GApps). Google and its products are not used in China. So, if you are on a Chinese ROM, then you need to install the required Google Apps and Services manually. Here is a brief guide on how to Install Google Apps on your Xiaomi or any other Android device.
- Just after flashing the ROM via TWRP recovery, follow the mentioned steps to flash the GApps package as well.
- Go to the TWRP home screen > select Install button.
- Search and choose the GApps.zip file from your device where you have downloaded earlier.
- Now, choose ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’ on the bottom of the screen to begin the flashing process. Be patient as this might take a few seconds.
- Once the Google Apps package is successfully flashed, select ‘Reboot System’.
- Wait for the device to boot into a new system with all required Google Apps and services.
- That’s it. Now, log into your Google account and enjoy the Google apps and services.
So, if you have been eagerly waiting to install Android 10 on your Mi 8 Lite, then download and install now. We hope that this guide was useful to you.