Updated on March 23, 2021:
Xiaomi released March 2021 security patch update for the Mi 9 SE in Russia with a software version labeled with V188.8.131.52.QFBRUXM. The update is still based on Android 10.
Updated on December 19, 2020:
Today Xiaomi has confirmed to push the Android 11 beta update very soon for the Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi K20 Pro, Redmi K30S Ultra, Mi CC9, Mi CC9 Meitu Edition, Mi 9SE, Mi 9, and Mi 9 Pro 5G.
Updated on December 16, 2020: Today Xiaomi rolled a new software update that optimized the control center layout in landscape mode. The update is labeled with software version V184.108.40.206.QFBEUXM.
Updated on December 3, 2020: Today Xiaomi in China rolled the November 2020 security patch for the Mi 9 SE with software version V220.127.116.11.QFBCNXM.
Xiaomi unveiled Mi 9 SE last year in February as a part of the Mi 9 lineup. It sports a midrange Snapdragon 712 SoC with 6GB of RAM on-board along with 64/128GB of internal storage. The phone comes with a 5.97-inch Super AMOLED panel boasting 1080×2340 pixels resolution and has a triple rear camera setup along with a single selfie shooter placed in the waterdrop-shaped notch. As the device arrived with Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box, here’s everything you need to know about its Android 11 status.
Android 11 Overview
Android 11 is the Eleventh iteration and 18th version of Google’s own operating system. It was announced in February and started rolling the beta version in June and finally released the stable version on September 8, 2020. The 2020 iteration of Android OS brings many new features which we have mentioned below.
- Scheduled Dark Theme
- ‘Conversations’ Section in Notification Shade
- Built-in Screen Recorder
- Pin Apps in the Share Menu
- Send Images in Notification Replies
- New APIs for 5G
- Reverse Wireless Charging Support (Google Pixel 4a or 5)
- Use Bluetooth Headphones in Airplane Mode
- Scrolling screenshots
- Bubble Notifications on by Default
- New Back Cover Gestures (Likely Pixel-Exclusive)
- Show Refresh Rate
- Power Menu Toggles
- Quick Access Wallet
- New Permissions Options
- Background Location Access Must Be Granted Manually
- Auto-Block Spammy Permission Prompts
- New Scoped Storage Permission
- New Motion Sense Gesture (Pixel 4)
- New Notification History UI
- Increase Touch Sensitivity
- Better Back Sensitivity
- Mobile Drivers License Support
- Changes to BiometricPrompt API
- Improved Call Screening
- Support for Punch Hole & Waterfall Displays
- Disable Vibrations While Using the Camera
- HDMI Low-Latency Mode
- Low Latency Video Decoding
- New Bluetooth Stack
- Separated Quick Settings & Notification Tray
- Music Player in Quick Settings
- Unsupported Bluetooth Codecs Are Now Grayed Out
- Suggested Apps in Home Screen Dock
Android 11 for Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Just like Mi 9, Xiaomi Mi 9 SE is also included in the list of MIUI 12 supported devices. Xiaomi hasn’t confirmed or affirmed any date or roadmap with respect to Android 11 yet. With that being said, Mi 9 SE will get Android 10 based MIUI 12 soon followed by Android 11 based MIUI 12 sometime early next year but we aren’t certain about the date yet. We will keep you posted with the latest update on Android 11 for Xiaomi Mi 9 SE so stay tuned.