The Xiaomi Mi 9T series is one of the best affordable upper mid-range segment Android devices from Xiaomi. It has overall fully-packed specifications and features which you can get at a decent price tag. The device was launched in June 2019 with some of the best-in-class key specifications. The device comes with Android 9.0 Pie over MIUI 10 out-of-the-box. In this guide, we will tell you how to install MIUI 11 on Xiaomi Mi 9T based on Android 10 (codename-davinci).
This post will basically serve as a collection of all the stable ROM that Xiaomi releases for this device. Indian, Chinese, Russian, Europe, and all Global ROM versions will be available here. Depending on whichever version of Mi 9T you’re using, you can download the corresponding ROM zip file and install it on your device. We have dedicated installation guides and video tutorials which will come in handy to install MIUI 11 on Xiaomi Mi 9T.
MIUI 11 is based on Google’s latest offering Android 10. It comes with improved system UI, newer icons, always-on display, dynamic sounds, improved Xiaomi community App, limited system advertisements, Monochrome power saving mode, etc.
Table of Contents
Check for Software Update
It is possible that many users may not receive the automatic OTA update of MIUI 11 rolled out by Xiaomi. Normally, OTA updates move in batches. So, some of the Mi 9T users have to wait until the update starts rolling in their region. Instead of waiting, the users can manually search for the latest software update. To do it,
- Go to Settings >Tap on About Phone
- Then, tap on Software Updates
If the new update is available, then the user will be notified of the same. Tap on the notification and follow the on-screen instructions to install the MIUI 11 update on Mi 9T. System updates are usually of bigger file sizes. So, use Wi-Fi to download the update and also remember to maintain proper battery charge on your device while you install the update.
Steps to Install MIUI 11 on Mi 9T ( davinci)
If you miss out on the automatic update or fail to capture the OTA manually, then the last resort is to flash the stock ROM zip file and step-up to MIUI 11. However, before performing the installation manually, you have to keep some guidelines in your mind which we have outlined in the next section.
- This guide is for Xiaomi Mi 9T only. Do not use the ROM zip files provided here on other Xiaomi devices.
- A PC/Laptop
- a USB cable for connecting your smartphone with the computer.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device data just to be on the safer side.
- Have a minimum of 50% battery charge on your device before you begin with the installation.
- Now, you will have to install the Mi Flash Tool on your PC.
- Download and install the ADB and Fastboot Tools on your PC.
- Make sure to install the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your computer as well.
MIUI 11 Installation Instructions
Installing the MIUI 11 on Mi 9T is very easy. We have this detailed guide, which will help you out.
To provide our users with a better practical point of view, here is our video tutorial which demonstrates how to install MIUI 11 ROM on your Mi 9T.Video Tutorial to demonstrate Installation of MIUI 11 on any Xiaomi device
Steps to Sideload Google Play Store or any G-Apps
In the Chinese market, Android devices don’t come with pre-installed Google Apps (GApps) due to some licensing issues with Google and the Chinese Government. Therefore, you need to install the required Google Apps and Services by yourself in order to use the device outside of China. Check out the brief guide on how to Install Google Apps on your Xiaomi or any other Android device.
- Just after flashing the ROM via TWRP recovery, follow the mentioned steps to flash the GApps package as well.
- Go to the TWRP home screen > select Install button.
- Search and choose the GApps.zip file from your device where you have downloaded earlier.
- Now, choose ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’ on the bottom of the screen to begin the flashing process. Be patient as this might take a few seconds.
- Once the Google Apps package is successfully flashed, select ‘Reboot System’.
- Wait for the device to boot into a new system with all required Google Apps and services.
- That’s it. Now, log into your Google account and enjoy the Google apps and services.
We assume that this complete MIUI Stock ROM installation guide will be helpful to you and you have successfully updated or installed the MIUI 11 on Xiaomi Mi 9T. If you have any queries, do let us know in the comments below.