Updated on March 18, 2020: Today Xiaomi started rolling March 2020 security patch to Xiaomi Mi A1 which also brings stability improvement and bug fixes. The update comes with software version V10.0.19.0.PDHMIXM. We have shared the recovery ROM and fastboot ROM to manually download and install it.
Updated on February 27, 2020: Today Xiaomi rolled February 2020 Security patch update to Xiaomi Mi A1 along with Xiaomi Mi A3. The update is labeled with version V10.0.18.0.PDHMIXM which brings nothing new except security patch. It is rolling via OTA for users with a stable version. If you have unlocked the bootloader or installed root, then you may not receive this OTA update.
Updated on January 19, 2020: Xiaomi Mi A1 is the first device from Xiaomi to launch with Google’s Android One project. The device is running on pure Android stock ROM. Today Xiaomi started rolling the latest version of Android security patch ROM for the Xiaomi Mi A1 (codenamed tissot) with build number V10.0.17.0.PDHMIXM. The update is rolling over the air for the users with the Xiaomi Mi A1 device in Asia, Europe, and other regions.
As we speak, the update is live globally based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you haven’t received the update on your Mi A1 device, then you can manually check the software update.
Check The Software Update
Go to Settings > System > tap on System Update. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the V10.0.19.0.PDHMIXM update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
Before downloading, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more. Use the WiFi connection to download faster and avoid charges from the operator.
- Device Name: Xiaomi Mi A1
- Codename: tissot
- Region: Global
- Build number: V10.0.19.0.PDHMIXM
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: Fastboot/Recovery
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-03-01
How to install stock firmware on Xiaomi Mi A1
To flash the firmware manually on your device, you can do it with ADB fast boot or you can use the Xiaomi’s updater app. All you need is to download firmware files and drivers.
- The firmware zip file is only for Mi A1 (tissot). Don’t try to install it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least to reduce the occasional shutdown.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything.
Now follow the link given below to download the firmware file for your Mi A1.
- USB Drivers: Download and Install the Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- ADB Drivers: Download and Install ADB and Fastboot on your system.
- V10.0.17.0.PDHMIXM Firmware: Download Recovery ROM | Download OTA ROM
- V10.0.18.0.PDHMIXM Firmware: Download Recovery ROM | Download OTA ROM
- V10.0.19.0.PDHMIXM Firmware: Download Recovery ROM | Download OTA ROM
Installation Guide: Mi A1 February 2020 Security patch
Usually, in the firmware for Xiaomi devices, we get two things the Recovery ROM and the OTA. We will see how we can install any one of the files and upgrade our Mi A1 to the latest month’s software.
Flashing the TWRP Flashable Zip
Step-2 First you must have TWRP recovery installed on the Mi A1. Through TWRP we will flash the ROM zip file
Step-3 Download and move the flashable ROM file into your phone storage.
Step-4 You have to enter your device into Recovery Mode.
Step-5 If you have backed up your device data then it’s great. Otherwise, you can create a Nandroid backup.
Step-6 In the TWRP main screen tap on Install. Then browse for the ROM zip file and select it.
Step-7 Swipe to confirm and Swipe again to flash.
Step-8 Now Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
Step-9 Finally you have to Reboot the device.
Flashing the OTA ROM:
- First, download the OTA ROM for your device
- Now connect your Xiaomi device to the PC
- Move the ROM file to the root directory of your device’s storage.
- Once done, in your smartphone -> Go to Updater Application.
- Then Click the three-dot menu at the top right corner, and Choose Choose update package
- Next, Choose the downloaded ROM file you have transferred
- The Update process will start automatically
- Once the installation is completed reboot your device
- Done!!! Your device will be running the latest version.
You can also upgrade your Mi A1 to the latest security patch by ADB sideloading the OTA zip file.
So, what are you waiting for.? Go get the February 2020 patch update now for your Mi A1.
Xiaomi Mi A1 Device Overview:
Xiaomi Mi A1 was announced in September 2017 which sports a 5.5-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels with 405 PPI pixel density. The device is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
Xiaomi Mi A1 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 MSM8953 chipset coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 7.1.2 Nougat and backed by a 3080 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Dual-camera setup with 12MP + 12MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with a 5MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Xiaomi Mi A1 comes with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.