Xiaomi launched Mi A2 lite along with Mi A2 with Android 8.1 Oreo. If you want to try custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie AOSP? then you are in the right place. Now you can download and install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update for Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite brings the Notch design with 5.84-inch (19:9) FHD+ IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 2280 x 1080 pixels. The device is listed to be powered by 2.0 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor clubbed by 3GB or 4GB RAM variant, It packs 32/64GB internal storage and supports microSD card with Dual Nano SIM. On the camera front, the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite to sports a dual-camera setup with 12-MP + 5-MP sensor. For the front, there is a 5-MP camera for selfies and video calling. The handset is backed by a 4000mAh battery for long battery life. Along with the fingerprint unlock sensor at the rear, the device also brings the new AI face recognition feature.
When will Xiaomi release Android 9.0 Pie update for Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite?
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (codename: daisy) came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and planned to upgrade to Android Pie. You can check out the List of Android 9 Pie Xiaomi Supported Devices.
Now you can install the Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.
- Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features, and Downloads
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Check out the Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie update for Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (daisy)?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (daisy).
- Supported on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, twrp wipe will not work)
- First of all, Unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool on your PC.
- Download the Pixel Experience GSI. [Thanks to the XDA Senior member menphis]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps Package
[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
Instructions to Install on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite:
- Move the download ROM package to ADB Folder
- Now boot your device into fastboot mode.
- In your ADB folder, open command window by using Shift Key + Right mouse button
- Once you are in fastboot mode, enter the command
fastboot erase system
fastboot flash system name rom.img
- Now reboot into recovery and wipe the data.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.