Xiaomi keeps impressing us by rolling the latest security patch to its devices as quickly as possible. Now the company started rolling the January 2020 Android security patch for the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (codenamed daisy) with build number V10.0.18.0.PDLMIXM. The update is rolling over the air for the users with the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite device in Asia, Europe, and other regions.
As we speak, the update is live globally based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you haven’t received the update on your Mi A2 Lite device, then you can manually check the software update.
Table of Contents
Check The Software Update
Go to Settings > System > tap on System Update. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the V10.0.18.0.PDLMIXM update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
Before downloading, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more. Use the WiFi connection to download faster and avoid charges from the operator.
- Device Name: Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
- Codename: daisy
- Region: Global
- Build number: V10.0.18.0.PDLMIXM
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: Fastboot/Recovery
- Android Security Patch Level: 2019-12-01
How to install stock firmware on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
To flash the firmware manually on your device, you can do it with ADB fast boot or you can use the Xiaomi’s updater app. All you need is to download firmware files and drivers.
- The firmware zip file is only for Mi A2 Lite (daisy). Don’t try to install it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least to reduce the occasional shutdown.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything.
Now follow the link given below to download the firmware file for your Mi A2 Lite.
Installation Guide: Mi A2 Lite January 2020 Security patch
Usually, in the firmware for Xiaomi devices, we get two things the Recovery ROM and the OTA. We will see how we can install any one of the files and upgrade our Mi A2 Lite to the latest month’s software.
Flashing the TWRP Flashable Zip
Step-2 First you must have TWRP recovery installed on the Mi A2 Lite. Through TWRP we will flash the ROM zip file
Step-3 Download and move the flashable ROM file into your phone storage.
Step-4 You have to enter your device into Recovery Mode.
Step-5 If you have backed up your device data then it’s great. Otherwise, you can create a Nandroid backup.
Step-6 In the TWRP main screen tap on Install. Then browse for the ROM zip file and select it.
Step-7 Swipe to confirm and Swipe again to flash.
Step-8 Now Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
Step-9 Finally you have to Reboot the device.
Flashing the OTA ROM:
- First download the OTA ROM for your device
- Now connect your Xiaomi device to the PC
- Move the ROM file to the root directory of your device’s storage.
- Once done, in your smartphone -> Go to Updater Application.
- Then Click the three-dot menu at top right corner, and Choose Choose update package
- Next, Choose the downloaded ROM file you have transferred
- The Update process will start automatically
- Once the installation is completed reboot your device
- Done!!! Your device will be running the latest version.
You can also upgrade your Mi A2 Lite to the latest security patch by ADB sideloading the OTA zip file. Check out our guide given below to know more about that.Simple Guide to ADB Sideload OTA zip on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
So, what are you waiting for.? Go get the January 2020 patch update now for your Mi A2 Lite.