The Chinese OEM Xiaomi has started pushing a new firmware update for the Mi A2 Lite users that includes the March 2020 patchset and nothing else. The new software update comes with a build number of V10.0.20.0.PDLMIXM based on Android 9.0 Pie. Now, if you want to download and install the Mi A2 Lite March 2020 Security Patch update then you can follow this full guide.
It’s quite sad that the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (Codenamed daisy) users aren’t lucky enough to receive the Android 10 update previously. Then by requesting or filing the petition, Xiaomi has rolled out the Android 10 update in a hurry. But due to the bricking or bootloop issue, the Android 10 update is halted and hasn’t arrived in this March 2020 patch update too. That means it will take more time to re-release the official stable Android 10 update again.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update (OTA)
Xiaomi pushes the firmware OTA update to its eligible devices in a phased manner and it may take a couple of days or more to hit all the units completely. However, we will recommend you to keep checking for the OTA update manually on an interval basis in order to get notified earlier. Just head over to the device Settings > System > System update > Check for updates.
If there is a new software update available, then you can easily download and install it. Installing process may take a couple of minutes and your device will automatically boot into the system. So, have some patience. Ensure that the handset is charged at least up to 60% and connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Device Name: Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
- Codename: daisy
- Region: Global
- Build Number: V10.0.20.0.PDLMIXM
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: Fastboot/Recovery
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-03-01
How to install stock firmware on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
To flash the firmware manually on your device, you can do it with ADB fast boot or you can use the Xiaomi’s updater app. All you need is to download firmware files and drivers.
- The firmware zip file is only for Mi A2 Lite (daisy). Don’t try to install it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least to reduce the occasional shutdown.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything.
Now, follow the link given below to download the firmware file for your Mi A2 Lite.
Installation Guide: Mi A2 Lite March 2020 Security patch
Usually, in the firmware for Xiaomi devices, we get two things the Recovery ROM and the OTA. We will see how we can install any one of the files and upgrade our Mi A2 Lite to the latest month’s software.
Flashing the TWRP Flashable Zip
Step-2 First you must have TWRP recovery installed on the Mi A2 Lite. Through TWRP we will flash the ROM zip file
Step-3 Download and move the flashable ROM file into your phone storage.
Step-4 You have to enter your device into Recovery Mode.
Step-5 If you have backed up your device data then it’s great. Otherwise, you can create a Nandroid backup.
Step-6 In the TWRP main screen tap on Install. Then browse for the ROM zip file and select it.
Step-7 Swipe to confirm and Swipe again to flash.
Step-8 Now Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
Step-9 Finally you have to Reboot the device.
Flashing the OTA ROM:
- First, download the OTA ROM for your device
- Now, connect your Xiaomi device to the PC
- Move the ROM file to the root directory of your device’s storage.
- Once done, in your smartphone -> Go to Updater Application.
- Then Click the three-dot menu at the top right corner, and Choose Choose update package
- Next, Choose the downloaded ROM file you have transferred
- The Update process will start automatically
- Once the installation is completed reboot your device
- Done!!! Your device will be running the latest version.
You can also upgrade your Mi A2 Lite to the latest security patch by ADB sideloading the OTA zip file. Check out our guide given below to know more about that.Simple Guide to ADB Sideload OTA zip on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
So, what are you waiting for.? Go get the March 2020 patch update now for your Mi A2 Lite.