The Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro arrives at the same time as its standard variant. It sports almost the same specifications including Snapdragon 730G, a 6.47-inch AMOLED HDR10 display, and so on. It sports 8GB RAM and 256GB of internal storage to go along with a 108MP Penta-camera setup with a single 32MP selfie camera strapped on it.
Xiaomi has recently picked up the pace in its upgrade schedule. To further cement this statement, we shouldn’t look any further than one of the flagship offerings from Mi. The tenth iteration in its Note series was launched with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box. Furthermore, it was slated for two OS upgrades, and the company has stood true to its promise. The Mi Note 10 has finally been blessed with the latest Android 11 update.
This straightaway translates to your ability to welcome a plethora of new features onto your device. There are also tons of under hood changes too, as compared with its earlier Android build. With that said, you could now directly download the latest Android 11 update for your Mi Note 10 from this post. Likewise, the steps to install this update via both the Fastboot and Recovery method have also been given. Follow along for the instructions.
Android 11 and Their Features
With Android 11, there have been a plethora of noteworthy features that deserve a mention. To begin with, there’s a One Time Permission set for the camera, location, among others. Likewise, you also get a new Conversation section in the Notification panel. Taling about conversations, Google has also added Chat Bubbles as an overlay. Then turning our attention towards the music, and you could directly change the output source from the Quick Settings toggle. Then the power menu has also undergone a major revamp.
You could now directly control all your smart home appliances directly from the Power menu. Likewise, you could also access virtual payment cards from this screen. Other features include the ability to control dark mode based on the time of the day and the incorporation of the Share sheet. On that note, you could now welcome all these features onto your device. Just download the Mi Note 10 Android 11 update from the below link and enjoy the truckload of new functionalities.
How to Install Mi Note 10 Android 11 Update
We have listed out the installation steps for both the Fastboot ROM as well as Recovery ROM. The former will be flashed via Mi Flash Tool whereas the latter will be installed via the device’s stock recovery. You may refer to the one that meets your requirements.
- First and foremost, take a backup of all the data on your device.
- Next up, if you are going to install the Fastboot ROM, then you need to unlock the device’s bootloader as well. For that, you may refer to our detailed guide: How to Unlock Bootloader on Any Xiaomi Devices Using Mi Unlock Tool.
- Likewise, if you are flashing the Fastboot ROM, then you would also need to download and install Mi Flash Tool on your PC.
- Then, enable USB Debugging on your device as well. To do so, head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on MIUI Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Moreover, you will also need to install Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC.
- Download and install the latest Xiaomi USB drivers on your PC.
- Finally, grab hold of the Mi Note 10 Android 11 update package from the below link:
- Device Name: Mi Note 10
- OS version: Android 11
- Software Version: MIUI 220.127.116.11 RFDEUXM
- Security Update: February 2021
- Download Link: Fastboot ROM | Recovery ROM
Install Mi Note 10 Android 11 Fastboot ROM
- To begin with, extract the Fastboot ROM to any convenient location on your PC. You may use WinRAR/WinZIP for this purpose.
- Then connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- After this, head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Now launch the Mi Flash Tool on your PC and click on the Select button situated at the top left.
- Browse to the extracted Fastboot ROM, select the entire folder, and click OK.
- Finally, click on the Flash button and wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, you should get the success message under the Results section. Your device shall now automatically boot to the OS as well.
So this was all from this section on how to install the Mi Note 10 Android 11 Fastboot ROM update. Let’s now check out the steps for the Recovery ROM.
Install Mi Note 10 Android 11 Recovery ROM
- First off, rename the downloaded Recovery ROM to update, hence the complete name will become update.zip.
- Now transfer this update.zip file to your device’s root directory (i.e. not inside any folder).
- When that is done, connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Now go to the platform-tools folder, type CMD in its address, and press Enter. The Command Prompt shall now open.
- Type in the below command in this CMD window to boot your device to stock recovery:
adb reboot recovery
- Now use the Volume keys to highlight the Install update.zip to System option and press the Power key to confirm it.
- Then select YES via the Volume Key and press the Power button to confirm it.
- The flashing will now begin and could take a couple of minutes.
- Once done, hit the back button and select Reboot. Your device will now boot to the newly installed OS.
With this, we conclude the guide on the Mi Note 10 Android 11 update. We have shared the download links as well as the installation instructions for both the Fastboot and Recovery ROM. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, let us know in the comments section. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that you should check out as well.