New updates are added on June 15, 2020: As per latest developments from Xiaomi Firmware Updater’s Twitter handle, the Redmi Note 8 Android 10 update is under development and will be released pretty soon for the device. Moreover, the post also suggests that the company will bring Android 10 along with MIUI 12 as well.
While Redmi Note 8 update is still under development, it might be released within two weeks.
— Xiaomi Firmware Updater (@MiFwUpdater) June 12, 2020
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro (codenamed begonia) launched in the last year 2019 with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box. The company had promised to deliver the Android 10 update in March 2020. Today Xiaomi started rolling the Android 10 update to Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro based on MIUI 11. In this tutorial, we will guide you to install Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Android 10 with MIUI 11 update. We have provided all the necessary download links, requirements, and installation steps.
Xiaomi recently launched the latest version of MIUI 11 to most of its Android devices running Android 9.0 Pie and 8.0 Oreo. With the new MIUI 11, it offers improved system UI, AOD (Always-on display), nature sounds, dark mode, Mi Doc Viewer, Mi-Go, improved app vault, increased system security, smart reply, improved gestures, etc. Whereas, the latest Android 10 is the 10th-gen Android OS version that brings plenty of features.
Android 10 offers system-wide dark mode, improved gestures navigation, live caption, sound amplifier, focus mode, easy security updates, improved lock screen & notification panel, and more. So, if you’re interested in upgrading to the Android 10 based MIUI 11 update, we got you covered. Meanwhile, you should check for the OTA updates on your device manually.
MIUI 11 Features
The new MIUI 11 comes with plenty of new features including Android 10 main features. It also features dynamic font scaling, dynamic nature sounds, dark mode, Always-On-Display (AOD), etc. Additionally, it offers a new material system UI, new lock screen, improved status bar, Milan Pro custom font, multi-language support, etc. Whereas Xiaomi has also brought the ‘Mi-Go’ smart travel assistant and the ‘Mi Work’ for cross-platform file sharing, smart screencast, wireless printing, and large document transfer, etc.
The MIUI 11 screen time management keeps tracks and counts the screen unlock time, device usage time on a daily basis which is quite similar to the Digital Wellbeing app. The new File Manager app also provides the new doc viewer option. Meanwhile, MIUI 11 also optimized for reminders, early earthquake warnings, SOS alert systems, etc.
Now, let’s head over to the MIUI 11 features and update the changelog below.
MIUI 11 Changelogs:
The full changelog for MIUI 11 and newly improved functionalities are mentioned below:
- Attention – Empowering the productive
- Comprehensive design optimized for fullscreen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content.
- Beauty starts with the text. Our fonts matured
- Now, text looks gorgeous in all languages.
- Font-weight can be adjusted automatically depending on the text.
- Ambient display
- The ambient display now comes with gorgeous dynamic themes.
- Essential information is displayed on your screen 24/7.
- Personalize your device with a unique signature.
- Keep your screen alive with our amazing special effects.
- Sounds of nature
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones.
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Mi Share
- Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds.
- Mi Share works both on phones and computers.
- Preview your documents before you open them.
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer.
- Screen Casting
- MIUI allows you to cast videos, games, documents, and apps to more than 300 TV models directly from your phone.
- MIUI’s casting functionality allows you to hide personal items to keep all sensitive things private.
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
- Plan your trips with MIUI: add your flight or train tickets, learn about the weather at your destination, get local mobile data, view the currency exchange rates, or contact your consulate abroad.
- Ultra battery saver
- Use this feature to challenge your device to a whole day on just 5% of the battery.
- More features
- Tasks: Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
- Kid space: Create a safe digital environment for your kids.
- Family guard: Control connected devices to help your friends and family.
- Screen time: View stats and manage your time more efficiently.
- Emergency SOS: Rapidly press the Power button 5 times to send an SOS message to your emergency contacts.
- Earthquake warnings: Stay safe and informed in case of an earthquake.
- Quick replies: Reply to messages from any app.
- Themes: Lots of free resources to make your device truly unique.
- Mi Community: Get the latest news from Xiaomi, test new features, and participate in our events.
- Autofill passwords: Store passwords on your device and use them whenever you need them.
- Calendar: All your events in one place.
- Mi AI 3.0: All-new. Much more powerful.
- Security: Safeguard and optimize your device.
- Game Turbo: Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
Firmware Download Link:
Steps to Install MIUI 11 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia)
If you want to install the MIUI 11 ROM manually on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia) device, you can follow anyone method from multiple methods. Either you can update the ROM from system updater app directly or flash the ROM via TWRP Recovery as well.
If you’re already running the MIUI ROM on your Xiaomi device, then download the zip file and update it via the device. Otherwise, if you want to follow the manual installation process, make sure to follow the requirements at first.
- Supported for: The MIUI 11 firmware for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro device only.
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Backup your device data (No Root) at first before doing anything. If in case, anything goes wrong, you can get back your data.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB Cable as well in order to connect your device to the PC. (For 2nd method)
- Install Mi Flash Tool for flashing via Fastboot mode.
- Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC and install it properly. (For 2nd method)
Instructions to Install:
Here we have shared two MIUI installation methods below. If you’re using MIUI 10 ROM already on your Xiaomi device, then follow the first method. But if you’re using MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM or any other Custom ROM, then follow the second method properly. Make sure to download and flash the GApps package as well (necessary).
Method 01: Update Via System Updater Tool
- Go to the device Settings > About phone > System updates.
- You can also access the system update from the device home screen > Tools > Updater.
- Next, tap on the three-dot icon menu from the top right corner.
- Tap on the Choose update package.
- Browse and select the firmware update zip file from the device storage location.
- Now, the system will automatically verify the update package and install it. Then follow the on-screen instructions (if any). Make sure to backup important data at first.
- Your device will reboot automatically. Enjoy!
Method 02: Flash Manually Via Recovery/Fastboot
Steps to Sideload Google Play Store or any G-Apps
In the Chinese market, Android devices don’t come with pre-installed Google Apps (GApps) due to some licensing issues with Google and the Chinese Government. Therefore, you need to install the required Google Apps and Services by yourself in order to use the device outside of China. Check out the brief guide on how to Install Google Apps on your Xiaomi or any other Android device.
- After flashing the ROM via TWRP recovery, follow the mentioned steps to flash GApps package as well.
- Go to the TWRP home screen > select Install button.
- Search and choose the GApps.zip file from your device where you have downloaded earlier.
- Now, choose ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’ on the bottom of the screen to begin the flashing process. Be patient as this might take a few seconds.
- Once the Google Apps package is successfully flashed, select ‘Reboot System’.
- Wait for the device to boot into a new system with all required Google Apps and services.
- That’s it. Now, log into your Google account and enjoy the Google apps and services.
We hope that this installation guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully updated or installed the MIUI 11 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia). If you have any queries, do let us know in the comments below.