Sony resumed rolling Android 9.0 Pie update for Sony Xperia XA2 family. The new system update comes with the build number 50.2.A.0.352. Along with the OS upgrade to pie, Sony is also rolling out the November 2018 security patch with this software. The software update is rolling out over-the-air and will cover all the regions gradually. If you have not received the update, then here we will guide on how to install Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra Android 9.0 Pie Update manually.
The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Many users are yet to receive the new system upgrade over-the-air. If you are one of them and want to experience Android Pie now itself, then worry not. We have put up the firmware which packs latest Android Pie with new build 50.2.A.0.352. You can install it manually. We have also provided a complete installation guide which you can find below.
Download Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra Android 9.0 Pie firmware
Here is the download link of the firmware which comes with the latest Android Pie update.
Sony Xperia XA2:
- Xperia XA2 H3113: Download Here
- Xperia XA2 H3133: Download Here
- Xperia XA2 H3123: Download Here
- Xperia XA2 Dual H4113: Download Here
- Xperia XA2 Dual H4133: Download Here
Sony Xperia XA2 Plus:
- Xperia XA2 Plus H4413: Download Here
- Xperia XA2 Plus H3413: Download Here
- Xperia XA2 Plus H4493: Download Here
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra:
- Xperia XA2 Ultra H4213: Download Here
- Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233: Download Here
- Xperia XA2 Ultra H3213: Download Here
- Xperia XA2 Ultra H3223: Download Here
Steps to Install 50.2.A.0.352 Android Pie Update on Xperia XA2 Ultra
Before installing the Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra Android 9.0 Pie Update, you have to follow some guidelines.
- The above firmware is exclusively for Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra.
- Make sure to charge your phone to a minimum of 50% before installing the update.
- Take a complete backup before doing this procedure. If your device is rooted, then you can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- A PC/Laptop with USB cable
- Install the Latest Sony USB drivers on your PC/Laptop.
- Download and install Sony Flashtool on your PC.
Instructions to Install:
Step-1 First begin by downloading the firmware file
Step-2 Move the firmware to the Sony Flash Tool’s Firmware folder.
Step-3 Install the Flash tool and Sony USB drivers on PC
Step-4 Now enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. It will enable Developer Options feature.
Step-5 After developer option is active, Go to device Settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
Step-5 Run the Sony Flashtool.exe on your PC.
Step-6 Switch off your device and hold VOLUME DOWN button and then connect it to the PC using USB Cable.
Step-7 The phone will detect Sony Flashtool window
Step-8 In the Flashtool Window, Tap on Flash device –> Flash mode –>select the firmware from the firmware folder.
Step-9 You have to perform a clean install. So, select the Wipe, Userdata, and app_log to entirely wipe out your device data.
Step-10 Tap on OK button and wait as the firmware loads.
Step-11 Now the firmware installation starts, wait for sometimes as the installation process is going on.
So, that’s it, guys. I hope this guide was helpful to install Xperia XA2 Ultra Android 9.0 Pie Update.