While downloading the latest version of Windows 10 to the operating system, there comes a lot of problems and issues to computers. Some of these issues belong to the software problems while others belong to the hardware issues. Out of all the existing issues, the loud buzzing sound is something that annoys people the most. There are a lot of Windows 10 users who say that computers make weird and buzzing sounds after upgrading procedures.
The users who witnessed this issue said that the problem solves only when we change the audio settings. This sound issue generally persists when users play any audio and then, the garbled audio begins to play, and afterward, the audio becomes completely inaudible. The corruption and in-correction in the audio drivers usually cause this issue. But, you should be glad to know that the problem does not have any link with the hardware, so you can rectify the issue effortlessly. The list of effective solutions for the same is as follows.
Table of Contents
1. Update your audio driver
Updating your audio driver is the most primitive solution for you to fix the issue. The steps to the same are as follows.
- Go to the Start Menu button and right-click on that and then WinX Menu will open.
- Now, tap on the Device Manager where you need to double-click on the Sound, video and game controllers for expansion of section.
- Then, double-click on the audio device that you own (Realtek High Definition Audio, for example). Go to the Driver and then press Update Driver option.
- Tap on Search automatically for an updated driver software interface.
- Permit your computer to look for the latest version of your audio driver on the internet and, if there is availability, install it.
2. Uninstall your audio device
If updating the procedure did not work for your good, then you can try uninstalling your audio device from PC. You do not need to panic while uninstalling your audio device as it will not be permanent. With this, the computer will auto-detect your audio device, and then it will reinstall as soon as you reboot your PC. The following are the steps that you need to follow for the uninstalling procedure.
- Right-click on the option saying Start Menu to access the WinX Menu.
- In the list of WinX Menu, tap on Device Manager.
- From the Device Manager options list, you need to double-click on the Sound, video and game controllers division to enlarge it.
- Then, you need to right-click on your audio device (Realtek High Definition Audio, for example) and then tap on Uninstall.
- Confirm the act to completely uninstall your PC’s audio device.
- Reboot your computer and when the reboot process completes, the computer will detect and reinstall your audio device.
After this, you will probably get rid of the agitating and loud buzzing noises of your computer’s audio device.
3. Change to the generic Windows audio driver
Every PC with Windows operating system has two audio drivers out of which one is from the manufacturer that our PC usually prefers. Another one is a generic audio driver that is a Microsoft utility. When a user faces any issue with the manufacturer’s audio driver then you can switch it to a generic audio driver. Here is the list of steps given below that you can utilize for switching procedures.
- Access the Start Menu interface and right-click on that.
- With this, you will be able to open the WinX Menu.
- Under the list of WinX Menu, you need to tap on the Device Manager option.
- Then, tap on the Sound, video, and game controllers option twice (double-click) to expand the menu.
- Find the name of your audio device (Realtek High Definition Audio, for example) and then right-click on the same.
- Now, press on Update Driver Software.
- Tap on Browse my computer for driver software, on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Select High Definition Audio Device and click on Next.
- Follow the prompts coming on-screens to replace their default audio driver of your computer with the general High Definition Audio Device of your Windows system.
4. Stop all audio enhancements
Windows operating system serves a lot of audio enhancements that can be turned to amplify the quality of the audio that your computer treats you to. But, if your computer’s speakers do not go with the audio enhancements, then you can witness a lot of buzzing sounds. If your Windows 10 PC only makes buzzing noises when you play audio on it, then you must try the following steps to disable the audio enhancements.
- Go to the Start Menu and then write ‘Sound’ in the Search box.
- Tap on the search result with the name “Sound” that appears below Control Panel.
- In the Playback tab, you need to right-click on the name of your playback device that your computer is using and finally, press the Properties option.
- Go to the Enhancements tab and tick the Disable all enhancements checkbox by tapping on it.
- With this, it will effectively disable all audio enhancements applied to your computer’s audio device.
- Tap on Apply option and press OK.
Now, try playing any audio to check if there is any buzzing sound or not.
Reinitialise Default Audio Device
As the problem is due to some software glitch, therefore, you need to reinitialize your audio device (default device) to rectify the issue. To do so, you need to abide by the following steps.
- Go to the “Speaker” icon appearing in the lower right side of the system tray and then right-click on that.
- Choose “Sound” and tap on the “Playback” option.
- Then, you will see the default device on which you need to right-click.
- Choose a Disable option and then right-click on your audio device name again then choose the “Enable”
Reinitialize the device and then see if the issue is persisting or not.
After trying all the above-mentioned tips and tricks to fix the issue, you need to see if you are successful in rectifying the problem or not. In case the issue is still there, you need to go to the Sound Properties Levels and take the sub-woofer slider to somewhere lower option (example: 100 to 75). With this, you will see less buzz in the sound certainly.
While trying all the methods, you need to check if you have a strong and reliable network connection or not. Also, keep your battery to the highest so that process does not face interruption anywhere. Try the methods carefully by following every step so that you can rectify the issue effortlessly. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.