In this post, we will show you the steps to enable VoLTE/VoWiFi v2 on your Asus ROG Phone II. Voice over LTE and WiFi have picked up the pace in recent times, thanks to the plethora of benefits attached. It really proves to be quite effective in places where the carrier network signal is low. Your smartphone will measure the signal strength and then automatically route the calls via WiFi. Likewise, you will also benefit from the fact that you don’t have to spend additional bucks in carrying out the recharges.
With that said, there are still some OEMs that are yet to add this feature to their devices. In some instances, the feature is present but has been disabled for the end-users. This seems to be the case with the second-generation ROG phone as well. Fortunately, with a few tweaks, you could easily enable this functionality. So without further ado, let’s check out the steps to enable VoLTE/VoWiFi v2 on your Asus ROG Phone II device.
How to Enable VoLTE/VoWiFi v2 on ASUS ROG Phone II
Before starting off with the guide, make sure you have a working DIAG Mode on your device. If that is not the case, then do set it up beforehand and only then proceed with the below steps. We would like to thank XDA Recognized Developer HomerSp for these instructions.
STEP 1: Set Up Props
When it comes to setting up props, there are three different approaches that you take. We have listed all three methods, you may refer to the one that you find most easy to administer.
- Download and install the AsusVoLTE v1.0.1 app on your device.
- Then launch the app and hit the Enable VoLTE button situated at the bottom
- It shall now carry out the required task in the backend and your tasks stand complete.
- This method makes use of a handful of commands. So if you don’t wish to try out the app, then this approach might come in handy.
- To begin with, install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC.
- Likewise, also enable USB Debugging on your device.
- When that is done, open the Command Prompt inside the platform-tools folder and execute the following commands:
setprop persist.vendor.dbg.ims_volte_enable 1 setprop persist.vendor.dbg.volte_avail_ovr 1 setprop persist.vendor.dbg.vt_avail_ovr 1 setprop persist.vendor.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr 1
- That’s it. This should have also enabled the enable VoLTE/VoWiFi v2 on your Asus ROG Phone II.
if dealing with commands is providing to be a challenging task, then you may also try out a nifty workaround. There exists a hidden code that is known to enable this functionality. However, there is a caveat attached- this code gets disabled upon reboot, so you will have to manually re-enter this code every time after a device restart.
- If that’s well and good, then bring up the dialer on your device and type in the following number
- The screen shall automatically clear itself. Now go to Settings > Mobile Network and disable and enable the Mobile data.
Once you do so, the VoLTE/VoWiFi v2 icon will now be visible on your Asus ROG Phone II device. So with this, we are done with the first part. Let’s move over to the next part and test this connection.
STEP 2: Verify the Setup
It’s now time to check and verify whether the connection has been established or not. Before you do so, make sure that you don’t have the QPST Tool running in the background. If that’s well and good, then you may proceed with the below steps:
- Download the EfsTools 0.10 modded 1.2 Tool from the above section and extract it to any convenient location on your PC.
- Then head over to this extracted folder, type in CMD in its address bar, and hit Enter. This shall launch the Command Promot window:
- Now the instructions will vary depending on the connection type that you are going to choose. If you are settling for the USB Connection mode, then the port shall be picked up automatically and you wouldn’t have to specify the same.
- However, if there’s more than one open port available, then you will have to change the port from Auto to the COM port of your device.
- But what should be the COM port number? Well, it is the same that the AsusVoLTE v1.0.1 app displays. For example, if it shows 2500, then the command will look like something along this line:
<efstool port="2500" remote="true" baudrate="38400" password="FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" spc="000000"/>
- With that said, you may now finally test this connection by executing the below command in the CMD window:
When that is done, the next step in this guide to enable VoLTE/VoWiFi v2 on your Asus ROG Phone II requires turning off the MCFG. Here’s how it could be done.
STEP 3: Disable MCFG
- To begin with, download the EFS items file and then extract it inside the EFSTools directory. Make sure that you have the mcfg_autoselect_by_uim file in that directory.
- Now execute both the below-mentioned commands inside the CMD window:
EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -s 1
- Let’s now turn our attention towards the final method of this guide to enable VoLTE/VoWiFi v2 on Asus ROG Phone II.
STEP 4: Write MBN
- Download the Xiaomi Mi 9T MBNs and extract them inside the EFSTools folder.
- Now launch the CMD window inside this directory and execute the below command:
EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -v
- If you have a dual sim device, then you will have to type in an additional command:
EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -s 1
- Finally, reboot your device and the tasks stand complete.
So with this, we conclude the guide on how to enable VoLTE/VoWiFi v2 on your Asus ROG Phone II device. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that you should check out as well.